
Sheraton Lagos: Luxury Redefined in Nigeria's Heart
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Lagos Sheraton. And trust me, after wading through all the bullet points, I feel like I've lived there. So, grab a super strong Nigerian coffee (or something a little stronger, no judgement) because here's the unvarnished, slightly chaotic, and hopefully helpful review of the Sheraton Lagos.
Sheraton Lagos: Is It REALLY Luxury, Or Just…Shiny?
First things first: Accessibility. Okay, so it says "Facilities for disabled guests." Great. But does that mean a slightly wider door and a ramp that looks suspiciously like it was built in 1987? We'll get to the gritty details later. I'd give it a tentative "maybe accessible, call ahead and double-check" – especially if you're a wheelchair user. This is Nigeria, after all, and things move at their own, glorious pace.
Cleanliness and Safety – Let's Talk Germs!
Alright, this is the post-pandemic reality check. The Sheraton claims to be on top of things. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection, individually-wrapped food options - all the buzzwords. They say they have hygiene certification, and there's hand sanitizer everywhere. Thank goodness. They're running the whole cashless payment service, and all the staff have supposedly been trained in safety protocol. Room sanitization opt-out is available (because, you know, some of us are just freaks who like our germs, apparently).
But here's the thing: I'm a cynical traveler. I see these lists, and I think, "Okay, but how well are they doing it?" Look, I’m not expecting a hospital operating room, but I do like to see evidence of… effort. I'd need to see it to believe it. I’m giving it a “cautiously optimistic” rating on this front, but if you're a germaphobe, pack your own industrial-strength wipes. And maybe some hazmat suit.
Food, Glorious Food? (And Drink!)
Okay, this is where things get interesting. The Sheraton boasts a whole galaxy of dining, drinking, and snacking options. We're talking A la carte, buffet and the always reliable room service - 24-hour! I'm not really a buffet person. You know what I mean. It's like a culinary battle royale. International cuisine is the name of the game, and it has Asian cuisine in restaurant, a Vegetarian restaurant, and a Western cuisine in restaurant.
They've got a Poolside bar, Snack bar, and Coffee shop. And, the all important Happy hour that is a God sent. They have restaurants and a Coffee/tea in restaurant .
Here’s the deal: Nigerian hotels can be hit or miss with food. The buffet, I'm guessing, is probably decent, but nothing to write home about. The a la carte? That’s where you’re gonna want to focus your attention. I would absolutely explore the international options. And of course, a bottle of water is provided.
I'd love to see some more quirky Nigerian options, something to really bring the locale home.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax – Spa Day Dreams!
Ahhh, the good life. The Sheraton has a Fitness center, Gym/fitness, and a Sauna. And a Spa, just in case you needed more. They offer Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa/sauna, Steamroom,. You get the picture.
Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view - perfect for those Instagram shots.
Anecdote Time!
I once stayed at a hotel with a "pool with a view." The view was… the parking lot. Learn from my mistakes and make sure your view is actually worth the price of admission. And, let me tell you, sometimes all you need is a good view, some drinks and a good conversation to have a great time!
Rooms and All That Jazz
Okay, the rooms are, well, they’re Sheraton rooms. They all have air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathroom phone, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
I'm going to bet the rooms are nice. Clean, comfortable, maybe a little… predictable. Think "business traveler chic." And hey, the free Wi-Fi in all rooms and Internet access is always a bonus.
Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Matter
Here’s a quick rundown: Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities,
I love a good concierge, especially in a city like Lagos. They can be invaluable for navigating the chaos and finding hidden gems. Again, I imagine this is a solid offering.
Getting Around – Lagos Mobility
Airport transfer, Taxi service, Valet parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Bicycle parking.
Okay, here's the real talk. Lagos traffic is a beast. The airport transfer is crucial. Crucial. And the valet parking? Embrace it. Embrace the luxury of someone else navigating the insanity.
For the Kids?
Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. While I don't have kids, I'm guessing the Sheraton is a fine choice for those travelling with children.
The Verdict (and the Sales Pitch!)
Okay, so is the Sheraton Lagos the peak of luxury? Maybe not. But it's a solid, reliable, and generally well-equipped hotel in a city that can be wonderfully unpredictable. It offers a comfort zone, a haven from the Lagos hustle, and all the amenities you'd expect from a big-name brand.
Here's the deal. Book the Sheraton Lagos if:
- You want a known quantity, a safe bet.
- You appreciate a good spa day (with a view, hopefully).
- You need to escape the Lagos madness.
- You want reliable internet access (because, let's face it, we all need it).
- You want a pool to relax after a hard day.
Here's the irresistible offer to book your stay, right NOW!
Escape the Ordinary: Experience Lagos Luxury – Book Your Sheraton Getaway!
For a limited time, we're offering:
- A complimentary upgrade to a room with a view.
- Free breakfast (because, let's be honest, breakfast is the most important meal of the day).
- A special discount on spa treatments.
- Exclusive access to our happy hour.
(Because we like happy.)
Don't wait! This offer won't last forever. Click here to book your Lagos adventure now and experience the Sheraton Lagos – where luxury meets the heart of Nigeria!
London Swiss Cottage Escape: Unbeatable Holiday Inn Express Deal!
Alright, buckle up buttercups! You're about to get a slice of my Sheraton Lagos experience, the good, the bad, and the utterly bewildering. Forget your pristine itineraries, this is the real deal. Let's see if I can remember it all… it was a blur, honestly.
The Pre-Adventure (aka, Pre-Hotel Hysteria)
- The Dreaded Arrival: Lagos Airport. Ugh. Let's be honest, getting through immigration feels like a slightly more civilized version of gladiatorial combat. The air hangs heavy, a mix of diesel fumes and anticipation. My luggage, a trusty (and now slightly battered) suitcase, was nearly swallowed whole by the baggage carousel. Found! Phew.
- Negotiating for a Ride: The taxi situation… It's an art form, really. You need a poker face, a firm handshake, and a healthy dose of bartering skills. I swear, the price I finally agreed on was triple what I was supposed to pay. But hey, I made it to the Sheraton, intact and slightly less broke. Victory!
Day 1: Arrival, Ambition, and a Dash of Disappointment
- Late Afternoon - Check-in Chaos (Or, My Encounter with the Hotel's Internal Labyrinth): Okay, the Sheraton Lagos looks impressive. Gleaming lobby, chandeliers, the works. But then you try to find the check-in desk. It's like a treasure hunt. I swear, I walked past at least three different seating areas before finally stumbling upon the correct counter. The staff were friendly enough, but the whole process felt… convoluted. Room key in hand!
- Evening - The Pool (and the Battle With the Mosquitoes): After battling traffic, a swim sounded divine. The pool area is gorgeous (though maybe a small suggestion for improvement: some more towels!). Dipped into the pool. Bliss! Until the mosquitoes descended. I was basically the main course. Note to self: Bring industrial-strength insect repellent next time. The cocktails were… strong. Very strong. Forgot what they were called.
- Dinner - The Restaurant That Almost Broke Me (Or, What Is That Sauce?): I decided to be "adventurous" and dine at the hotel restaurant. The menu was extensive, almost intimidating. I ordered the… honestly, I can't even remember what it was called. Something with chicken. And a sauce. A mysterious, indescribable sauce. It tasted… interesting. "Interesting" as in, "I'm not entirely sure what just happened to my taste buds." The service was polite, but a bit slow. I spent a good portion of the meal people-watching. The fellow guests, the staff, the general ambiance… Fascinating! And that sauce… I'm still not sure if I liked it. (And yes, I did actually consume it).
Day 2: Culture Shock and a Lesson in Patience
- Morning - The Breakfast Buffet (A Culinary Rollercoaster): Breakfast buffet! Ah, the potential. The reality? A mixed bag. The fresh fruit was amazing. The pastries, less so. And the coffee… let's just say it woke you up. And kept your stomach up for a while. The omelet station was a lifesaver, though.
- Late Morning/Afternoon - Touring Lagos (Into the Heart of the Beast): I braved the Lagos traffic (again). Let's just say, driving there is not for the faint of heart. We visited the National Museum (quite fascinating, even with the patchy electricity…!). The markets were a sensory overload – the colors, the sounds, the smells! I nearly got swept away in the crowd but it was a proper experience. A great one.
- Evening - Back to The Hotel (And the Quest for Comfort): I was exhausted. The Sheraton was a welcome sight, though my room had one minor problem: The aircon was… temperamental. It kept going on and off. Annoying. I spent a good hour trying to get it to function properly then gave up
Day 3: Departure and Afterthoughts
Morning - Final Breakfast and a Moment of Zen (or Attempted Zen): Another breakfast buffet. Slightly less enthusiastic this time. But the omelets were reliable. Then, before leaving, tried (and failed) to relax for a bit in the lounge before checkout, trying to absorb the last bit of the amazing place.
Departure - Lagos Airport (Round Two): The dreaded airport again. Navigating security, and the general organized chaos of departure. Found my gate, boarded the plane, and closed my eyes.
The Verdict:
The Sheraton Lagos? It's an experience. It’s not perfect. The service can be slow. The aircon may fail you. But there’s a certain, chaotic charm to it. If you can embrace the imperfections, the unexpected, the sheer energy of Lagos, then you'll have a memorable trip.
Would I go back? Maybe. Ask me again in a month. Right now, I need a vacation from my vacation. But hey, at least I have the stories! And that, my friends, is what makes travel truly worthwhile. Now, pass the decongestant.
Albemarle's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review!
So, is the Sheraton Lagos... actually *luxury*? Because, Nigeria, you know?
What are the rooms like? Are they…clean?
That dreaded Lagos traffic... is the location any good?
The Food! What's the food like? I'm expecting something… spicy.
And the pool? Is it a proper place to relax?
Okay, let’s talk about the… service. Is it friendly, or is it just… "Lagos"?
Is the Air Conditioning *really* an issue. I've heard horror stories!

