
Sheraton Metairie: Your Dream New Orleans Getaway Awaits!
Sheraton Metairie: My Dream New Orleans Getaway? Buckle Up, Buttercup! (SEO-tastic Review!)
Okay, let's be real. Finding a hotel, especially near New Orleans, is like navigating a swamp filled with gators – you want something safe, reasonably priced, and ideally, not full of questionable characters. Enter the Sheraton Metairie. The promise? "Your Dream New Orleans Getaway!" Bold words, Sheraton. Bold words. Let's see if you delivered.
(SEO Note: Keywords used throughout: Sheraton Metairie, New Orleans, hotel review, accessibility, wheelchair accessible, Wi-Fi, free Wi-Fi, pool, fitness center, restaurant, Metairie, Louisiana, family-friendly, spa, business travel, airport transfer, parking, clean, safe.)
First Impressions: Arrival & Accessibility – Did They Get It Right?
Pulling up, the Sheraton is… well, it's a Sheraton. Familiar, comforting, like that old pair of jeans you secretly love. Parking? Easy peasy. Free parking! (Seriously, that's a win in itself. I hate paying for parking.) Valet parking's also an option if you're feeling fancy, or just, you know, lazy.
(SEO Bonus: "Free parking hotel New Orleans" – nailed it!)
Accessibility is crucial, and I'm happy to report the Sheraton Metairie seems to get it. Wheelchair accessible throughout, which is a huge plus for those who need it. Elevators are readily available so getting to your room is smooth sailing. I saw ramps, wide doorways, and generally a good sense of how to make things easier for everyone and that makes me happy.
Rooms & Amenities: Comfort Level Activated!
My room? Clean. Very clean. Not just "clean for a hotel," but legitimately clean. (I'm a bit of a germaphobe, gotta admit. The whole COVID thing, right?) They’ve got the usual suspects in the "Available in all rooms" category: Air conditioning, thank GOD, because Louisiana summers are brutal. Alarm clock, Bathrobes, (a MUST!), Bathroom phone (who uses those anymore?), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (bless!), Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker (essential!), Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Ironing facilities, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
(SEO Note: "Hotel with blackout curtains New Orleans" – check!)
The Internet Experience:
Let's talk Wi-Fi. Because in this day and age, if the Wi-Fi sucks, the whole experience is a bust. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Woohoo! And it actually worked. No constant buffering, no dropped connections. I could stream my guilty pleasure reality TV without a hitch.
(SEO Note: "Hotels with free Wi-Fi New Orleans" – Boom!)
Internet [LAN] – I didn't need it, but it's there. Internet services are covered for whatever you need. Wi-Fi in public areas is also available and good.
The Pool: My Happy Place!
Okay, confession time. I picked this hotel mainly for the pool. And it did not disappoint! A beautiful Swimming pool [outdoor]. Okay, I admit it was a tad chilly, but I still went for a swim. The feeling of just floating there, looking at the sky… pure bliss. They have a Poolside bar too. Perfect for a frozen margarita (or two). This made me happy. Stupid happy! (SEO Note: "Hotel with outdoor pool New Orleans" – jackpot!)
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: More Than Just a Pool!
They have a Fitness center, which I, uh, walked past. Twice. (Hey, the margaritas!) But it looked well-equipped. Other ways to relax, they have a Sauna. If you want a Spa, they offer a Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, which you should book. I didn’t, but next time… next time.
Cleanliness and Safety: The COVID Factor
Let's be real. This is on everyone's mind. The Sheraton Metairie seems to be taking things seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Cashless payment service, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, and Rooms sanitized between stays. I also saw Staff trained in safety protocol. You can also opt-out of Room sanitization, if that is what you prefer. This is a relief.
(SEO Note: "Safe and clean hotels New Orleans" – definitely.)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food Glorious Food!
Restaurants on-site? Yep. A Bar, a Coffee shop, and a Snack bar.
Breakfast [buffet] awaits! Asian cuisine in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Breakfast service. You can even get Breakfast in room, if you're feeling lazy. I can vouch for the coffee – not bad! They have a decent Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant.They have you covered!
(SEO Note: "Hotel with restaurant near New Orleans" – got it!)
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier
Business facilities, including a Xerox/fax in business center. Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, and Luggage storage, were a plus! Concierge is available. They also offer Airport transfer. Cash withdrawal, and Currency exchange. Very handy.
(SEO Note: "Hotel with airport shuttle New Orleans" – yep!)
For the Kids: Babysitting, Anyone?
They're Family/child friendly. I saw a couple of kids in the pool, and they seemed to be having a blast. Need a Babysitting service? They have that.
Getting Around: Location, Location, Location!
The location is pretty good, actually. Not right in the French Quarter, so it's quieter, but still close enough to everything. Airport transfer is a lifesaver (especially after a long flight). Car park [free of charge] is a major bonus as mentioned before.
The Anecdote (and the Impeccable Room Service):
So, I was working pretty hard at the hotel, then I ordered room service. The menu had a delicious Salad and Soup. The service was quick, friendly, and the food arrived fresh, and it was great after a long day.
The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because Let's Be Honest):
Okay, nobody's perfect. One slightly negative thing? The soundproofing wasn’t perfect. I got a little bit of noise from the hallway, but it was bearable.
The Verdict: Dream Getaway? Maybe (But Definitely a Solid Choice)
Did the Sheraton Metairie deliver on its grand promise of a "Dream New Orleans Getaway"? Well, that's a subjective thing. Did I have a great time? Absolutely! Is it perfect? Nope. But the location, cleanliness, amenities, and overall vibe make it a solid choice.
Final Thoughts:
The Sheraton Metairie is a comfortable, well-equipped hotel that's perfect for families, business travelers, and anyone looking for a convenient base to explore New Orleans.
(SEO Note: "Best hotels in Metairie" – definitely worthy!)
My Persuasive Offer (Book Now!)
Okay, here's the deal: Book your stay at the Sheraton Metairie now and get ready to experience the best of New Orleans (and a seriously relaxing pool experience!). With our prime Metairie location, free parking, and top-notch amenities, you'll be well-positioned to explore everything the city has to offer. Plus, with our commitment to cleanliness and safety, you can relax and enjoy your vacation with peace of mind.
Book now and take advantage of our special offer: Get a free upgrade to a room with a balcony and a complimentary welcome drink at the poolside bar! Don't wait - your dream New Orleans getaway awaits!
Escape to Norway: Dreges Hotell's Unforgettable Luxury
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to plan a trip to the Sheraton Metairie – New Orleans, and let's just say, my travel planning style is less "military precision" and more "organized chaos with a healthy dose of existential dread." Here goes nothing…
Trip: Sheraton Shenanigans in Metairie (New Orleans Adjacent, Pray for Me)
Dates: Let's say… October 26th - 29th. Perfect timing for… well, I have no idea what's on, but hopefully, something deliciously weird.
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious Quest for Caffeine (and Sanity)
- Morning (ish): Okay, the flight. Bless my heart. I'm terrible at flying. Packed like a pro (meaning I might have overpacked slightly). Praying to the luggage gods I don't get charged extra for my essentials (read: fuzzy slippers and a book I'll never finish). Land in New Orleans (MSY). The humidity hits you like a warm, sticky hug. A hug you didn't ask for, but… here we are.
- Mid-Day: Taxi/Uber/Whatever-I-can-find to the Sheraton Metairie. Finding the hotel. Finding the lobby. Finding a bellhop who looks like they genuinely enjoy their job (a rare breed, in my experience). Check-in. Praying for a room with a view, or at least one where I can't hear the ice machine.
- Afternoon: The Caffeine Crisis. This is the most important part of the day. I need caffeine. Immediately. Before I turn into a grumpy, sleep-deprived gremlin. Google Maps to the rescue! Find a local coffee shop. My mission? To order a perfect iced latte. (Spoiler alert: I will probably fail.) But the attempt will be worth it. The search for the perfect coffee is a noble pursuit, a quest that has led me to some truly unforgettable cafes and some truly… memorable baristas.
- Evening: Settle in. Explore the hotel. Scope out the pool area. (I'll probably just look. I’m not a “pool person”. Chlorine is my enemy.)Dinner. Let’s aim for Cajun. Somewhere local, not a chain. Reviews, reviews, reviews. The endless scrolling through Yelp. Will I get food poisoning? Will the gumbo be authentic? (This is the source of my existential dread, by the way.) Collapse into bed. The sweet, sweet promise of sleep…
Day 2: French Quarter Follies and a Possible Meltdown
- Morning: UGH. Early. Well, early for me. Gotta get up, gotta get out. Getting ready: I always think I'll be a breezy, effortlessly chic traveler. Then I realize I’ve forgotten half my makeup and my hair looks like a bird’s nest. Head into the French Quarter. Start the day: with a beignet from Cafe Du Monde. This is a requirement. Ignore the powdered sugar clinging to everything. Embrace the mess.
- Mid-Day: Wandering. Wandering, wandering, wandering. Admiring the architecture. Feeling slightly overwhelmed by the sheer… everything of the French Quarter. Trying not to get scammed by street performers. (I’m easily charmed. This is a problem.) Decide to do a walking tour. Hopefully, the guide is enthusiastic and not too boring. Pray for good weather. Pray for no spontaneous thunderstorms.
- Afternoon: The Meltdown Hour (Potentially). The French Quarter is an assault on the senses, in the best and worst ways. My social battery will definitely start to run low at some point. Maybe around Jackson Square. Or during the second brass band performance. Or when someone tries to sell me alligator jerky. This is the moment when I crave a quiet moment in the hotel room, and a nap.
- Evening: Dinner in the Quarter. Then… jazz club? Or something more low-key? How am I feeling? Am I still overwhelmed? Or has the magic of New Orleans seeped into my soul? It could go either way, honestly.
Day 3: The Garden District and a Deep Dive (Literally?)
- Morning: Okay, time to escape the tourist madness. Head to the Garden District. The houses! The gardens! Prepare to be mesmerized. I'll walk until my feet hurt, and then I'll walk some more. Maybe I will bring some snacks for this hike.
- Mid-Day: Cemetery trip. I'm strangely fascinated by cemeteries. They're quiet, they're atmospheric, and they offer a strange sort of peace. Explore Lafayette Cemetery No. 1. (Is it spooky? Yes. Is it beautiful? Also yes.)
- Afternoon: The Deep Dive (The Hotel Pool?). Okay. It’s pool time. I’ve been dreading it, but also… maybe it'll be nice? I’ll be the awkward person wearing a giant hat and reading a book. No talking. Just quiet contemplation. Or, if I'm feeling truly adventurous, I'll make a splash. Which will probably involve me embarrassing myself in some hilarious way.
- Evening: Dinner & Karaoke! I need a little fun with this trip. Find a place for some fun. Where it's not too serious. Karaoke is the perfect thing. Even if I have a complete voice break. That will make my trip.
Day 4: Farewell, or "See Ya Later, Alligator!"
- Morning: Pack. The dreaded packing. How did I accumulate so much stuff? This is some heavy lifting. Check out from the hotel. Sigh. The end is near.
- Mid-Day: Last-minute souvenir shopping. Probably buy something useless that I'll regret later. But hey, memories, right? Head to the airport. Attempt to navigate the chaos.
- Afternoon: Fly home. Reflect on my adventure. Will I have a tan? Probably not. Will I have had some amazing food? DEFINITELY. Will I have made a fool of myself on multiple occasions? Undoubtedly. But that's the fun of it, isn't it?
- Evening: Land. Unpack. Start planning my next escape. Because I am always in need of a trip.
Final Thoughts: This is just a plan. Things will go wrong. Things will change. I'll get lost. I'll eat too much, too often. I'll probably cry at some point (happy tears, hopefully). But I'll also laugh. I'll see new things. I'll (maybe) learn something. And above all, I'll return home with stories I can tell for years to come.
And that, my friends, is the essence of travel. (Or at least, my kind of travel.) Wish me luck. And maybe send chocolate.
Vloft Backpackers: Malaysia's HOTTEST Hostel (You WON'T Believe This!)
So, what's the *deal* with the Sheraton Metairie? Is it actually…good? (and does it have that NOLA vibe?)
Okay, lemme level with you. "Good" is relative, right? It’s not like, the Ritz. But, and this is key, *for a Sheraton in Metairie*? I actually had a pretty decent experience. They've got the basics covered. Clean rooms, decent beds (critical!), friendly staff. Was it the iconic New Orleans experience I was craving? Well, no. Metairie's more… suburban. But, and this is the crucial part, it's *close* to the French Quarter. You're maybe a 10-15 minute drive away. And honestly? That's a godsend when you're tired and just want to collapse after a night of questionable decisions on Bourbon Street (we've all been there). The key is to think of it as a solid, comfortable basecamp for your Big Easy adventures.
Parking? Please tell me parking isn’t a nightmare.
Blessedly, no. Parking is... reasonable. They have ample parking, and it’s not that ridiculously expensive. I’ve stayed in hotels where you're paying a fortune just to park your car, and then you're fighting for a spot like some sort of gladiatorial combat. Not here. It's a relief. Seriously, parking can make or break a trip. It sets the tone. So yeah, good parking. Check.
Okay, but *food*? What's the on-site restaurant like? 'Cause hotel restaurants can be… dicey.
Right, the restaurant… it's called "The Brass Rail," I think? Look, it’s not going to win any Michelin stars. It's your standard hotel restaurant fare. I had breakfast there once. Eggs, bacon, toast… it did the job. It was convenient. Perfect for when you’re nursing a slight headache (ahem) after a late night. The service was friendly, which always makes a difference. But. If you're a foodie, you probably should consider exploring the local food scene. Head to the French Quarter, or even Metairie has some good local spots. Don't stake your culinary hopes entirely on The Brass Rail. Trust me.
Pool time! Is the pool cool? Because, humidity.
The pool is fine. It's not the most glamorous pool, but it's clean. Honestly, after spending the day wandering around the French Quarter in the Louisiana humidity, a dip in the pool is pure heaven. I remember one day, I just sunk into the water, closed my eyes, and the sheer relief was… glorious. It's not huge, so don't expect to do laps. But it's a great place to relax, cool off, and maybe enjoy a cocktail (they usually have a pool bar, though I can't guarantee its operating hours. Always double check!). And honestly? That was my favorite part of the whole trip. Just…peace and quiet by the pool. Pure bliss.
Is the hotel close to public transport? Because Uber/Lyft bills can add up fast.
Hmmm... Public transport… um, not really, in a convenient way. I relied mostly on ride-sharing services. And yes, those bills did add up. It is what it is. The plus side? You don't have to worry about driving after a few Hurricanes. Just budget for the ride-shares, and you'll be fine. Otherwise, you are left to a really awkward bus ride (unless you rent a car, of course.)
Okay, let's talk LOCATION. Is it easy to get to the *good stuff*? (French Quarter, etc.)
Yes! See, that's the kicker. The Sheraton Metairie *is* a good base for exploring New Orleans. You hop in an Uber, and you're there. It's not like you're stuck in the middle of nowhere. The convenience is massive. I was so thankful, because the *last* thing you want after a day of exploring is a long commute back to the hotel. Metairie might not be the *vibe* of the French Quarter, but it's a convenient jumping-off point. Like, you know, you're *there* and you hit the French Quarter and it's all great. Then you get back and… ahhh, quiet. I'm rambling, aren't I? Basically, location is what makes this hotel a really solid option for your NOLA trip.
They have a gym? Do they have a *good* gym? Because I need to work off those beignets.
Okay, the gym… here's my experience. It's there. It has basic equipment. Treadmills, weights, that sort of thing. Is it a state-of-the-art fitness center? No. Did I use it? Well… let's just say the allure of beignets and po' boys was a lot stronger. But yes, it's there. You can *technically* burn off those calories. It's functional.
What about the room itself? Is it comfy? Clean is good, too.
The rooms were clean, which is always a massive relief. Seriously, there is nothing worse than walking into a hotel room and feeling…icky. The beds were comfy! Which, after a day of walking around New Orleans, is *crucial*. Everything worked. The air conditioning was efficient and, you know, being in Louisiana, that’s a lifesaver. Really, no complaints on the room front. It was a good, solid, comfortable room.
Anything else I should know? Secret tips? Sneaky advice?
Okay, here’s the insider intel, *if* you must: if you're arriving late, grab some snacks at the local grocery store before you check in. After a long drive or flight, there's nothing better than being able to collapse in your room with a bag of chips and a soda. And… oh! Try to get a room on a higher floor. The views aren’t spectacular – it’s Metairie, not the ocean. But it might be quieter. More importantly, plan your transportation. Uber/Lyft are fine, but factor the cost into your budget. And finally, don't be afraid to ask the front desk for recommendations. They usually know the best local spots. Because, you know, you wanna experience New Orleans. And while the Sheraton's not *New Orleans*, it's a great base camp for that experience.

