
Victorian Charm in Midland: Your Dream Inn Awaits!
Okay, let's dive headfirst into a review of Victorian Charm in Midland, Texas! Buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, cookie-cutter travel brochure. This is the real deal, messy bits and all.
Victorian Charm in Midland: Your Dream Inn Awaits? (Maybe… Let's See!)
Alright, alright, let’s get this straight. Midland, Texas. Not exactly the flashiest city in the world, is it? You go in expecting tumbleweeds and dust devils, and… well, you might not be wrong. But buried deep within this West Texas landscape is Victorian Charm, and let me tell you, it’s aiming for dreamy, and in some ways, it almost nails it. Emphasis on almost.
First Impressions & The Accessibility Angle (Gettin' Around, Y'all!)
Okay, so I’m not in a wheelchair, but I always appreciate a place that thinks about accessibility. Victorian Charm gets some points here. They have some facilities for disabled guests listed, like the elevator, but I didn't get a chance to really check out how functional everything was, like the door widths, etc. It’s better than nothing, but definitely something to check on before you commit if you have specific needs. The exterior corridor is a nice touch, which is useful because Texas heat can be something else.
The Digital Life: Wi-Fi, Internet, & Staying Connected (Bless the Interwebs!)
Right, because in the 21st century, internet access is basically a human right, isn't it? Victorian Charm delivers. This is all about that sweet, sweet Wi-Fi. The good news? Free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Praise be! And it worked! (Major bonus points for that – travel blogging is a fickle beast!) They also list Internet [LAN], so if you're a purist with a cable, you should be good to go.
Sanitation Station: Cleanliness & Safety (Is My Room a Biohazard?)
This is a big one, especially after… things. Anti-viral cleaning products listed! Daily disinfection in common areas! And they listed room sanitization opt-out available - very forward-thinking. Rooms sanitized between stays. Looks like they're taking this seriously, which is a huge relief. They have a doctor/nurse on call, first aid kit, and hand sanitizer available. That all gives me a big sigh of relief.
Eating & Drinking: Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Feed the Beast!)
Okay, let's talk food! First, the Asian breakfast – I didn't try it, but the buffet breakfast… well, it was a buffet. You know the drill. Plenty of Western cuisine in restaurant options, too. There's also a coffee shop and a bar, which is a godsend after a long day of… whatever you do in Midland. Room service that runs 24-hour! Seriously a blessing when you get the midnight munchies. Happy hour! Now we're talking. I didn't make it to the poolside bar, sad to say, but I could just imagine it.
The Pamper Parade: Ways to Relax (If You Can! – And If You Can Afford It.)
This is where things get interesting. Victorian Charm lists all sorts of spa-tastic things: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Outdoor pool, Sauna, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool. Whew! But… I didn't see any of that! Okay, maybe it was tucked away, but where the heck was the Pool with view?! I gotta say, based on listings, the Spa/sauna might be an over-promise, and it slightly bummed me out.
Services & Conveniences: What Else Ya Got, Buttercup?
They have Air conditioning in public area! Air conditioning in the Available in all rooms! Yay! The fact that there's also a concierge and daily housekeeping is always appreciated. Parking is Car park [free of charge], which is always a winner. They also offer dry cleaning, laundry service, Meetings and banquet facilities..
For the Kids (Bless Their Little, Chaotic Hearts!)
Babysitting service! That's the magic word. Kids facilities. Thank goodness for that! Family/child friendly… well, they say it is…
Rooms: The Nitty Gritty (Where You Lay Your Weary Head)
Now, the rooms themselves. The Non-smoking rooms are a good thing. The Additional toilet is also very good, depending on the size of the room. Air conditioning is essential. Blackout curtains! Yes! Coffee/tea maker – a must-have. Free bottled water. Hair dryer. In-room safe box. Refrigerator. Satellite/cable channels. Seating area… I didn't get claustrophobic, and that, my friends, is a win.
The Anecdote! (My Personal Mishap)
Okay, here's the messy bit. I was exhausted after a long drive, and I was starving. I hit the lobby, ready to conquer the buffet. I'm picturing piles of fluffy scrambled eggs, maybe some crispy bacon… you get the picture. Instead, I walked into what looked like a sleepy convention. The offerings were… well, let's just say they weren't exactly Michelin-star quality. Okay, the scrambled eggs were… rubbery. And the bacon… well, it was kinda sad. BUT the coffee was hot!
The Overall Vibe: The Verdict
Victorian Charm is… a mixed bag. It's trying. It's got potential. The staff were lovely, and the location, although in Midland, was fine. I'd have preferred more authenticity in certain departments.
SEO Buzzwords & Keywords (Because, You Know, The Algorithm!)
- Victorian Charm Midland
- Midland Texas hotel review
- West Texas hotel
- Hotel with free Wi-Fi
- Hotel with breakfast
- Midland accommodation
- Spa hotel Midland
- accessible hotel Midland
- Victorian Charm review
A Compelling Offer: Book Your (Potentially Dreamy) Stay at Victorian Charm!
Alright, here's the sell!
Tired of the Ordinary? Yearning for a Touch of, Well, SOMETHING in Midland? Book Your Stay at Victorian Charm!
Listen, Midland, TX, isn't exactly Paris. But Victorian Charm offers a little slice of… something. You get Free Wi-Fi to stay connected. Rooms are non-smoking. Free parking! It's conveniently located, and the staff are friendly and the beds are comfy.
Here's the deal:
- Book now and get a complimentary upgrade! (Subject to availability - no promises of a full-blown suite here!)
- Early bird special: Book early and get a discount on your stay!
- Guaranteed Hot Coffee! (Okay, that's my personal guarantee - the coffee was good!)
So, if you're looking for a clean, a comfortable, and a quirky stay in Midland, with a few potential perks and a whole lotta charm… well, Victorian Charm might just be the place for you! Don't expect perfection, expect Texas charm, and maybe a few laughs along the way!
Click here to book your (potentially dream) stay! (And wish me luck!)
**Hotel Saint-Laurent Montréal: Unforgettable Luxury Awaits**
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary! We're going to Victorian Inn Midland, supposedly a charming little slice of Americana. Prepare for a trip that's less "smooth sailing" and more "slightly-tipsy-rowing-a-boat-in-a-lake-of-mystery."
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread (Midland, Michigan, the kind of place where time slows down)
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Arrive at MBS International Airport (which, let's be honest, feels less "international" and more "sort-of-exists-in-the-middle-of-nowhere"). The flight was… well, it involved a screaming baby and a guy clipping his toenails. Glamorous, I tell you.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Snag a rental car. Sigh. The economy car promised online turned out to be… a slightly used, beige, something-or-other. Named it "Betsy." Betsy and I are now bonded by shared disappointment.
- 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Check into the Victorian Inn. Oh my god, it's actually Victorian-y! Lace curtains, floral wallpaper that's seen a LOT of history, and a whole lot of silence. The front desk lady, bless her heart, looked like she'd seen a ghost (maybe she had, in this place). This place is like… aesthetics. And I am here for it.
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Unpack. Which involves wrestling with a suitcase the size of a small refrigerator and contemplating the meaning of life. Seriously, why do we need so many clothes? The answer: We don't. And Betsy's trunk is already groaning under the weight.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Wander around. I'm hoping to find the "charming downtown" everyone raves about. Found a… hardware store. And honestly? That's kinda my jam. There's something comforting about looking at brightly colored paint cans.
Day 2: Dow Gardens & the Unexpected Symphony of Sniffles
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the Inn. The "continental breakfast" promised "fresh baked goods." Turns out, "fresh baked goods" meant slightly stale muffins. Ate them anyway. I'm not a quitter.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Dow Gardens. Okay, this is actually stunning. The gardens are meticulously planned, with winding paths, vibrant flowerbeds, and a sense of profound tranquility. I could spend an hour just staring at a single rose. I did spend an hour staring at a single rose. Completely lost track of time. Oops.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch at the Dow Gardens Cafe. A sandwich, a salad. Perfectly fine. But I'm starting to get this odd feeling like I'm being watched. Like, the trees are judging my sandwich choices.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Dow Gardens…again. Okay, so I really did get completely lost in the gardens. Took a slightly different path. Found a bench. Sat. Closed my eyes. And started crying. Not a full-on sob-fest, more of a gentle, almost mournful, "why am I here?" cry. The sun was setting, casting long shadows. I swear I could hear the shadows weeping too. It was a profound, embarrassing moment of introspection. I'm just tired, man. And maybe a little overwhelmed.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Found a bench. Sat. Closed my eyes. And started crying. Not a full-on sob-fest, more of a gentle, almost mournful, "why am I here?" cry. The sun was setting, casting long shadows. I swear I could hear the shadows weeping too. It was a profound, embarrassing moment of introspection. I'm just tired, man. And maybe a little overwhelmed.
Day 3: A Quest for the Perfect Bakery & the Mystery of the Missing Pancake
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Breakfast. Another attempt to conquer the muffins. Fail. I'm starting to think my relationship with muffins is like a toxic romance. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em (or rather, am forced to eat them because there are no other options.)
- 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Great Bakery Hunt! I've heard whispers of a bakery in this town that sells the perfect croissant. Must find it. I mean, it's the only reason I got out of bed this morning. It was… surprisingly difficult. Betsy nearly took me on a detour through a cornfield. Turns out, the bakery was closed. Closed! On a Tuesday! Seriously?!
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Settled for lunch at some diner. Ordered pancakes. They were massive. Ate half of one, felt full. Went to get a refill on the coffee. Came back, the other half of the pancake was gone. Like, poof. Did a ghost eat my pancake? Was it the trees from Dow Gardens? The world may never know. But I'm still traumatized.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Researched ghost stories. Turns out, the Victorian Inn is rumored to have at least three ghosts. The plot thickens…
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Decided to skip a ghost tour (too much commitment). Instead, spent an hour staring at the lace curtains and wondering… if ghosts eat pancakes.
Day 4: A Bittersweet Farewell & the Promise of Future Adventures
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: More muffins! This time, they tasted vaguely of despair.
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Final wander through the town. Found a quirky little bookstore. Bought a book about… ghosts, of course.
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Check out of the Inn. Said goodbye to the front desk lady. I swear, a small, sympathetic tear glistened in her eye as she saw me walk away…
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Return Betsy. The beige beast. I think we're going to miss each other. Mostly.
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: MBS International Airport. The same screaming baby. The same guy clipping his toenails. Some things truly are eternal.
- 2:00 PM - onward: The flight home. Reflecting on the highs (Dow Gardens!), the lows (the muffins), and the utterly bizarre (the missing pancake). Midland, you were… something. Maybe I'll be back. Maybe not. But one thing's for certain: I need a vacation from my vacation.

Victorian Charm in Midland: Your Dream Inn Awaits! FAQs (and a little bit *too* much honesty…)
What's this "Victorian Charm" all about? Sounds…old.
Okay, let's be real. "Old" is accurate. But "Victorian Charm" is the slightly more romantic, slightly LESS dusty way of saying it. Think ornate moldings, maybe a clawfoot tub (which, let's be honest, is either the height of luxury or a logistical nightmare, depending on your plumbing situation), and probably some furniture that's seen more years than *I* have. (And I'm not telling you my age, buddy!)
The charm comes from the atmosphere. There's a… stillness. A quiet. Except when the wind howls through the gaps in the window frames, which, I'm not gonna lie, happens sometimes in Midland. We are open about it! It adds, uh, character. Sort of.
Is the Inn actually haunted? (Asking for a friend… who is totally not me, I swear.)
Look, people *love* to ask this. And frankly, I can't say *no*. Let's just say... things happen. Doors creak. Odd whispers. My grandma used to say the house held "memories." Which, on the one hand, is sweet. On the other, she also claimed to converse with squirrels, so... take that as you will.
I personally? One time I swear I saw a rocking chair moving on its own in the middle of the night. But, it was late. I had a lot of tea. Maybe the caffeine got the better of me. Or maybe it was just a draft. Or maybe…well, maybe just bring a flashlight, okay?
What kind of breakfast can I expect? Because a stale continental breakfast is my personal nightmare.
Alright, breakfast. This is my *jam*. (Pun intended! We make our own, by the way… wild berry, divine.) We're not talking sad, pre-packaged muffins here. We're talking homemade quiches, maybe some fluffy pancakes, fresh fruit (seasonal, of course, because hello, budget!), and strong coffee. Believe me, if I served a continental, I'd be out of a job faster than you can say "day-old croissant.”
One guest, bless her heart, she hated the sausage gravy. HATED it! Sent it back multiple times. Said it looked like "something that crawled out of a swamp." I was devastated, but I still let her stay the night. Breakfast isn’t always perfect but it’s always honest. And maybe, just maybe, it'll be the best dang breakfast of your life. (Unless you get the swamp gravy. *Sorry, again, Martha.*)
Are kids welcome? Because, well, they travel with us.
Kids are...generally welcome? Okay, here's the deal. We *love* kids, truly! We also love a quiet inn. We've got specific rooms for families, better prepared for the inevitable Lego explosions and the midnight ice cream cravings. Just…maybe not the antique furniture? And the ghost…well the ghost isn't necessarily kid friendly. We'll figure it out! Email us with the ages of your kids, and we can find a good fit. We have a swing set, maybe a tree-house, it’s not always pretty but we try our best.
What's there to do in Midland? Besides, you know, be Victorian.
Midland is… Midland. We have a history museum that’s actually quite good. The downtown has the best bakery. We're not exactly bustling with nightlife, but we're close to hiking, and some lovely countryside. You could easily say we’re a small adventure. Then there is something else that’s kind of an obsession for me. I once heard from a local that Midland has the best stars you can see in the state. I’m not sure if that’s actually true as I am not a scientist, but, the sky is so clear and beautiful at night. You can see more stars than you can even count. My favorite memories are under the stars.
What's the Wi-Fi situation? Important for me, as I'm a digital nomad.
Wi-Fi... *sighs dramatically*. Look, we're not exactly a tech hub here. The building is old, the walls are thick, and sometimes the signal gets a bit…wobbly. It's Wi-Fi, not Wi-Fine. Perfect for checking email, uploading a few photos (if the weather is right), and maybe, just maybe, streaming a slightly pixelated movie. If consistent, blazing-fast internet is a MUST, consider this a digital detox. Embrace the Victorian charm! Or, go to the local coffee shop. They have better tea than me, anyway.
What kind of rooms do you offer?
Well, they are all different! We have rooms that are downright cozy to rooms that are…well, let's say they feel like you've stepped back in time. We have the "Rose Room," which is our largest room and has its own bathroom. (Important!) Then there’s the "Blue Room" which has a lovely view. And "The Attic," it's...unique. It’s definitely the most affordable option BUT the ceilings are low and it gets hot in the summer. You need to be okay with a few quirks if you choose The Attic. It has good energy, though! Check the website for details. Each room has its own story and charm. And its own…personality.
How do I book a room?
Easy Peasy! Check our website. Or, you can give me a call. Beware, though, I’ll probably chat your ear off. I genuinely *love* hearing about people's trips and what they're looking for. I want you to feel comfortable. And get the best possible room for *you*. Just be ready for some… storytelling. (And yes, that is the part of my job I am pretty good at. I can smell a story a mile away.)
What are the cancellation policies? Stuff happens, you know?
Life happens. We get it. We have a pretty reasonable cancellation policy, detailed on the website. Basically, the farther out you cancel, the better the deal. But you can't make any big plans without some hiccups, sadly.Where To Stay Now

