
Candlewood Suites St. Robert: Your Home Away From Home (IHG Hotel)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the… well, maybe not headfirst, but thoughtfully tiptoeing into my review of Candlewood Suites St. Robert: Your Home Away From Home (an IHG Hotel). And let me tell you, this place… it tried. It really, really tried.
First Impressions: The Lobby and the Vibe (or lack thereof)
Let's be honest, arriving at a Candlewood Suites isn't exactly a heart-stopping experience. Think… functional. Clean, definitely. But the lobby? More like a slightly fancier laundromat. No grand chandeliers, no soaring ceilings. Just… a desk, a few vending machines (crucial!), and that vaguely sterile hotel-lobby smell. You know the one. It’s like, disinfectant mixed with a whisper of stale coffee.
Accessibility: Mostly a Thumbs Up… Mostly
Okay, let's talk accessibility. This is a serious thing, and I’m glad it was taken into consideration. The hotel definitely has features for disabled guests and wheelchair accessibility. Elevators? Check. Ramps? Check. We’re off to a good start here. I didn't personally test every single nook and cranny with a chair, but from what I saw, they've put an effort in.
Rooms: Your Apartment for a Week (Maybe Less, Maybe More)
The rooms are… well, they're suites. That's the whole schtick. You feel like you’re not in a hotel room, but like a mini-apartment. A clean mini-apartment, which is a HUGE plus. They've got a full kitchen with a fridge, microwave, and a stovetop. So, you could, theoretically, cook yourself an elaborate meal. I, uh, stuck mostly to reheating leftovers, but the option was there! Another plus: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms. Glorious, glorious, free Wi-Fi. And it actually worked, unlike some hotels where you're battling the digital demons just to check your email.
Speaking of the rooms, my biggest beef (and it’s a minor one) – sometimes the air conditioning felt like it was in a constant state of indecision. One minute you’re freezing, the next you're sweating. It's a small thing, but it’s the little nuances that matter, right?
Cleanliness and Safety - COVID-Era Edition
Okay, let's be real - this is the new gold standard, right? Candlewood Suites St. Robert really showed they were trying. They've got all the buzzwords down. They did a good job on all of it given the current restrictions.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Check.
- Hand sanitizer everywhere: Yep.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it.
- Masks required: Yes.
I saw staff cleaning and sanitizing. Did I personally see them sterilizing equipment? No. But I’m choosing to trust that it happened. I did find that the 'room sanitization opt-out' was kind of a nice option, since you're in a suite anyways.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Not Exactly a Culinary Destination
Alright, the food. This is where Candlewood Suites… stumbles a little. Don't come here for a gourmet experience. You've got a convenience store, a coffee shop, and a minimal breakfast. You can, however, order breakfast to be delivered to your room, which is a plus. There are restaurants and a bar nearby, so eating shouldn't be an issue here.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax: More 'Things' than 'Relax'
Okay, don’t come here expecting a spa. The amenities are fairly basic:
- A fitness center – It's there, it has some machines, and it’s perfectly adequate for a quick workout.
- A swimming pool (outdoor) - They were not open in the winter when I went there, which was a bummer. There are a few nearby attractions, but this isn't really the place for a luxury getaway.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
This is where Candlewood Suites shines. They provide you with all the essentials:
- Free parking. (Hallelujah!)
- Laundry service. (Essential for longer stays.)
- A convenience store. (For late-night snack attacks.)
- Cash withdrawal. (Handy!)
- Doorman They had none the time I was there, but I doubt they ever do.
- Daily housekeeping, which was actually very efficient.
Getting Around
- Car park [free of charge].
- Car park [on-site]
- Taxi service
For the Kids
- Family/child friendly
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
- Babysitting service
I didn't have any kids with me, but I did see families, and the hotel seemed accommodating.
The Anecdote You've Been Waiting for
Okay, remember that "trying" I talked about? Here’s a real-life example. I was checking out, and the front desk guy, bless his heart, was juggling like ten different things at once. A phone call, a guest asking a question, and me trying to pay the bill. Things were a little chaotic, to put it mildly. But you know what? He kept smiling, he was polite, and he got it done. It wasn't perfect, but it was human. And that, for me, is what makes a place like Candlewood Suites worth it. They're not pretending to be something they're not. They're a solid, reliable option.
Overall Impression and Recommendation
Candlewood Suites St. Robert isn't going to blow your mind. But it is a good, solid, comfortable, clean place to stay. It's perfect for a longer stay, a business trip, or a family wanting to save some money on meals.
- Accessibility: Generally very good
- Cleanliness: Excellent effort
- Staff: Mostly very helpful
- Room: Spacious and well-equipped.
- Amenities: Basic, but functional.
- Atmosphere: Functional, not fancy.
- Overall: Recommended for its practicality, cleanliness, and value.
Quirky Observation: The sheer number of "Do Not Disturb" signs hanging on doors at any given time. Clearly, people appreciate their personal space.
The Offer (Because You Deserve It): The "Stress-Free Staycation" Package
Okay, here’s the deal. If you’re looking for a place to unwind, recharge, and feel like you're actually living versus just staying in a hotel, then Candlewood Suites St. Robert can be your haven. Book your stay at Candlewood Suites St. Robert today and get:
- Free Wi-Fi: Because let’s face it, you’ll need it.
- A spacious suite: The perfect place to spread out, relax, and pretend you actually live here.
- Free Parking: Because nobody should have to stress about parking!
- Complimentary Breakfast: Start your day right. Be it at the hotel, or in your own room.
- 10% Discount: Use promo code "COMFORT" when booking.
Why Book Now?
Because you deserve a break! Candlewood Suites St. Robert offers a comfortable, convenient, and clean stay, perfect for a few days or a few weeks. You’ll have a place to call your own, so you can settle in.
Book your "Stress-Free Staycation" at Candlewood Suites St. Robert today! You won't regret it (probably).
Munich Messe B&B: Unbeatable Deals & Luxury You Won't Believe!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. We're going on a trip. A trip to… Candlewood Suites St. Robert, Missouri. Sounds glamorous, right? RIGHT?! Okay, maybe not. But hey, it's a trip! Let's see what we can unearth from this roadside Americana adventure.
ITINERARY: Candlewood Suites St. Robert & Beyond (Brace Yourselves)
Day 1: Arrival, Existential Dread, and Quest for Wi-Fi
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Arrive at Candlewood Suites. Oh, the thrill! The beige, the predictable. Honestly, the parking lot is more exciting than the exterior design. Did I just spend four hours driving through the desolate expanse of… the Midwest? I'm pretty sure I blinked and missed the entire state of Illinois. Check-in. Smile politely at the front desk clerk (who is, bless her heart, trying). Get key. Breathe.
- 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM: Room reveal! Pray. Seriously, pray it's not the room next to the ice machine. Okay, it's…standard. Clean, blessedly. The kitchen area mocks me. I, a culinary disaster, in a room with a kitchen. I contemplate microwaving a pre-packaged sandwich and feeling sorry for myself.
- 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: THE WIFI. The bane of my existence. The password is like a buried treasure. I try every variation of “CandlewoodStRobert2024” that sounds remotely possible. Finally, success! I think. Nope! Connection lost. The rage is bubbling. I now understand how wolves feel.
- 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM: Exploring the options of the general vicinity of the hotel, and deciding on a local shopping center. I went to the mall, and it felt like I was in a time capsule. In the food court. I got a pretzel and watched the world go by, wondering if "world" was too strong a word for this patch of land.
- Side Quest: The vending machine. Triumph or defeat? I attempt the bag of chips. It's a gamble, really. The potential for a good snack versus the indignity of the machine swallowing my dollar. Jackpot! Victory is sweet (and salty).
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM: Dinner. Choices, choices! There's a fast-food place that I'm sure the locals adore. But after so much driving, I decide to try the local favorite, a restaurant that is quite popular, despite its lack of advertising and generic, but plentiful menu choices. The meal? Not bad. I didn't get food poisoning, so that is a win.
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: This is where things get messy. I was going to go for a walk, but then the allure of the TV got me. Binge-watching a terrible show, and laughing at myself for doing so. Also, doing laundry. It is more exciting than it sounds. The smell of hot soap is better than any perfume.
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Prepare for sleep. The hotel sounds are beginning. The distant hum of some machine, the occasional door slam, the sound of other travelers coming and going. I hope I sleep.
Day 2: The Wonders of the Area, and the Search for Escape
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Wake up. The sun has risen, or at least I hope so. I stumble towards the kitchen, and fix the breakfast of champions. Oatmeal and instant coffee. I try to look up options for activities. Some options are available.
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Drive around and get a feel for the area. I wanted to visit a local park to enjoy the view, and maybe read a book. It's a gorgeous day, but I keep getting distracted by the passing vehicles, and how much the local businesses look like they have been here forever.
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Drive over to the lake. The lake is very relaxing. More peaceful than I thought it would be. I went for a short walk, and saw some ducks. Ducks are funny, always waddling around with a goofy grin.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch at a roadside diner. They play old songs on the radio. Old songs are fun. They have something old and familiar about them that brings a smile to my face. I see other travelers, and I start to feel that we are some sort of exclusive club.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Back to the hotel. I take a swim in the pool. The water smelled like chlorine, but overall, it was a great time. I enjoyed my time.
- 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: I decide to check out the "attractions" near the hotel. There were not many. The local museums and the parks were closed, which I found disappointing. I went back to the hotel. I watched TV.
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Dinner and movie night. Another pre-packaged sandwich is procured, eaten, and thoroughly enjoyed. It's what I was craving.
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Pack. Prepare for the long drive. Pray the weather is good.
Day 3: Departure and Reflections (or Lack Thereof)
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM: Wake up. Scarf down the coffee.
- 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Check out. Say goodbye to the beige, the predictable, and the never-ending search for decent Wi-Fi.
- 9:00 AM - Onward: The drive home begins and…well, that's it. Back on the road, back to reality. Was it a great trip? Meh. Was it terrible? Nope. Was it…something? Definitely. I'll probably forget half of it by next week, which, let's be honest, is probably for the best. Final Thoughts:
Candlewood Suites St. Robert? It was what it was. A place to sleep, a sanctuary from utter boredom. The real adventure? Finding joy and humor in the mundane. And, of course, surviving the vending machine. Godspeed to everyone.
Aussie Sea Shanties: The Ultimate Collection You NEED to Hear!
Candlewood Suites St. Robert: Your Home Away From... Well, Let's See
Is Candlewood Suites St. Robert really "home away from home"? Because, let's be honest, my *actual* home is usually a disaster zone.
Okay, let's get real. "Home away from home" is a BIG claim, right? My *actual* home involves rogue socks multiplying under the bed, a dust bunny colony thriving in the corners, and the faint whiff of forgotten leftovers in the fridge. Candlewood... well, it's definitely *cleaner*. And the full kitchens in the suites? That's a HUGE plus, especially if you're tired of microwaveable dinners. I'd say it's more like a *very tidy, well-equipped apartment* away from home. You still have to make the bed, though. (And trust me, I've forgotten, and regretted it later.)
The "home" part is mostly good if you're there for a while. You need space, you want to unpack, and you don't want to constantly live out of a suitcase. In that respect, yeah, it starts *feeling* like a home. Just a really, really organized one. Which, for me, is almost better! It's like a forced reset on my chaotic life.
Tell me about the kitchenettes. Do these things actually *work*? I'm picturing sad little microwaves and a sink that barely trickles.
Alright, the kitchenettes are a *selling point*. And in my experience, they usually deliver. Full-sized fridge? Check. Microwave? Check. Stovetop? Also check. They even usually throw in a dishwasher (small, but hey, FREE dishwasher!). Now, the utensils and cookware... well, let's just say don't expect Michelin-star quality. I once tried to make pancakes and discovered the spatula was more a suggestion of a spatula. (I ended up using a spoon. Don't judge.)
Here's the real test: can you make a decent breakfast, a simple dinner, and maybe sneak in some ice cream from the local shop? YES. Absolutely, positively, yes. I've successfully cooked pasta, reheated leftovers, and even (don't tell anyone) baked a frozen pizza in the oven there. The sinks generally have okay water pressure. The one time a drain was clogged I called the front desk, and the maintenance guy fixed it super fast. Turns out I dropped a whole bunch of rice down the drain. Don't do that.
So, yes, they largely work. But pack your own fancy chef's knife. Just in case. And maybe a good spatula.
The St. Robert area... anything to *do*? I'm not exactly looking to spend my entire stay staring at a hotel TV.
Okay, St. Robert. Let's be honest. *It's not Vegas*. But there's stuff. You're close to Fort Leonard Wood, which is a plus or minus depending on what that means for you. Restaurants are plentiful, from chain joints to locally-owned diners. I've eaten some good burgers and some truly *memorable* (in a "never again" kind of way) fried chicken. My advice? Ask the front desk. They usually know the good stuff, and are really friendly.
Shopping? Well, there's a Walmart. You'll find your essentials. There is a cute little place called the Outlet Mall. It's tiny, but I found a really nice purse there once. I almost didn't stop, but I'm glad I did. Take a detour. It's a nice break from the hotel. And the surrounding area... drive a bit, and you can get to some beautiful hiking trails or some quaint little towns. Don't expect a bustling metropolis. Expect a more laid-back, relaxing vibe.
What about the staff? Are they, you know, *helpful*? Or are they just going through the motions?
Okay, this is *crucial*, right? The staff at the St. Robert Candlewood? Generally, super helpful. I've had some amazing experiences. The front desk people are always friendly and welcoming. I mean, they're dealing with people *all day*, so a smile is a huge bonus. The housekeeping staff? AMAZING! I once spilled a *massive* amount of coffee on the carpet (long story, involving a very clumsy morning and a travel mug that wasn't quite closed). They were so understanding and cleaned it up with zero judgment. They even left me extra coffee pods the next day. Pure gold.
They genuinely seem to care. Once, I was sick and they went out of their way to find me extra blankets and some soup. It's that kind of service that truly makes a difference. They make you feel like they *actually* care that you're having a good stay. Seriously, I've had better experiences here than at places with triple the price tag.
The laundry facilities – are they actually *clean*? Because hotel laundry rooms can be a horror show.
Laundry... OH. My. Word. Yes, this is IMPORTANT. Look, I have a love/hate relationship with hotel laundry rooms in general. Candlewood, though? The St. Robert location? *Generally* clean. And that's a huge win. I've seen other hotels, and let's just say, the thought of my clothes touching those machines gives me the willies. The dryers work, which is a miracle in itself. No, you don't have to call and fix them every 30 minutes. I once came down to do laundry at like 11 pm and it was empty and spotless. Like, *spotless*. It was a truly magical moment. I even left it cleaner than I found it. (Okay, yeah, I may a slight compulsive clean person.)
They usually have detergent and stuff for sale if you forget yours (they're not gonna let you *die* on the laundry front). Just check the machines before you start. I always do a quick wipe-down, just in case. You know, the paranoia that stems from previously horrific hotel laundry experiences. Overall, though, a thumbs up. It's a laundry room I can actually *tolerate*.
I heard they have a "Borrow program." What's the deal? Anything good?
The Borrow program is kinda genius. They got stuff you might need but didn't bring, like cooking utensils, games, and other stuff. I love this. I'm a big board game fan, and sometimes I get stuck in the hotel and get bored. You can borrow a board game and play with your traveling companions. That makes it more fun.
You can borrow a grill too. Grillin' out at the hotel is a fun idea. The best thing is that it is free! It cuts down on the packing. It makes life way easier. Like that little detail is really nice for a hotel to offer, and it makes it feel more 'home' (in a cleaner way!).

