
Impiana Hotel Ipoh: Your Luxury Malaysian Escape Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the jungle of Impiana Hotel Ipoh! "Your Luxury Malaysian Escape Awaits!" they say. Let's see if the jungle drumbeats of luxury truly resonate, because frankly, sometimes these hotel blurbs are about as real as a unicorn selling insurance.
First Impressions: Arrival and the "OMG, This is Ipoh?!" Factor
Getting there is a breeze if you're flying into Sultan Azlan Shah Airport (that's Ipoh's airport, for those still Googling). Airport transfer is a thing, thank the heavens, because lugging your stuff around after a flight is about as fun as a root canal. They've got the airport transfer, which I highly recommend unless you’re really into public transport with all your luggage in tow.
I arrived. And, honestly? Ipoh surprised me. I’d pictured quaint, maybe a little…dusty. But Impiana? It's a sleek, modern oasis, with a lobby that actually felt inviting, not like some sterile, "don't-touch-anything" zone. The elevator was smooth, which is a small joy, but a joy nonetheless. The front desk [24-hour] was right there, ready and waiting, which is definitely a plus after a flight. Check-in/out [express] is available, but honestly, are you even living if you're not taking your time with the concierge after a long flight?!
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good News!)
Alright, let's get real. Accessibility is a big deal, and Impiana, bless its cotton socks, tries. They have facilities for disabled guests. They also seem to have an elevator, which is key! But, to be honest, I didn't scope out the whole place with accessibility in mind, so I can't give a definitive "gold star" rating. They do have a car park [on-site] and valet parking, which helps. I mean, if you're using a wheelchair, being able to park close is everything.
The Room: Ah, Sweet, Air-Conditioned Bliss
Okay, the room. This is where the "escape" part really starts to make sense. My room was a haven of air conditioning, thank the gods above! This is Malaysia, people, and heat = enemy. The air conditioning in public area is also a win. My bed? Oh, the bed. Seriously, I could have napped for a week straight. It had an extra long bed, which is crucial for us tall folks, and blackout curtains (yes!). There's also complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker, which means immediate self-soothing upon arrival. Free bottled water? Yes, please! And thank heavens, they have (Wi-Fi [free]!). Because, you know, Instagram.
The non-smoking rooms rule. We don't need a lingering cigarette cloud over the relaxation. They also have Interconnecting room(s) available, which is super handy if you're travelling with the little rugrats or a larger group. There's a desk to work from!
Now, for the little things. Bathtub, separate shower/bathtub. Bathrobes. Slippers. It's the little things that make it feel like… well, luxury. The private bathroom was spotless (thank you, daily housekeeping), and the toiletries were decent (always a bonus). The safe box was easy to use. The internet was fast enough to handle everything, all thanks to the Internet access – wireless!
The Room - Imperfections and Quircks
Okay, the light switches seemed to have a mind of their own. I'm not sure if it was a faulty wiring or just the quirky Malaysian electricity, but I had the light in my room was playing the hide and seek game.
The mirror was pristine and the hair dryer did its job, however, the socket near the bed saved my phone from becoming a brick.
They also have smoke detectors (!) and smoke alarms, because safety is always important. Dining and Drinking: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly!)
Let's talk food. This is where Impiana mostly shines. The restaurants are a solid bet. The Asian breakfast, I’m told, is spectacular. I opted for Western breakfast. The buffet in restaurant was good. Lots of fresh fruit, which is always a win. The coffee shop smelled amazing, but I was a bit of a glutton at the buffet, so I didn't get a chance to savor a latte. Honestly, I should have. I regretted it later!
They have a poolside bar, which is crucial. Cocktails by the pool? Yes, please! The poolside bar was a thing of beauty. The bartenders were friendly and the beers were cold. Perfect.
A few other things:
- Restaurants. Oh, they have them.
- Room service [24-hour]. Life-saver.
- Happy hour. Need I say more?
- Coffee/tea in restaurant. Essential.
- Snack bar for those pre-dinner nibbles.
- Bar for…well, everything.
- Bottle of water. A lifesaver on arrival.
- The Vegetarian restaurant did a great job, kudos to them, seriously, that's a big feat.
- Desserts in restaurant. Oh, the desserts.
Things to Do (or, How to Actually Relax)
This is where Impiana really tries to win you over. They have a swimming pool [outdoor] with a pool with view. But…and this is a big BUT…it's not just any pool. It actually looks good.
I spent a good chunk of my time there, alternating between swimming and sunbathing (with copious amounts of sunscreen, naturally). It was pure bliss.
The Spa is another haven for relaxation. They have a massage, sauna, steamroom, Foot bath, Body scrub, Body wrap. They also have a spa/sauna!
I'm not going to lie, I booked myself a massage. And it was AMAZING. They really know their stuff. And I emerged feeling like a completely new person. The pressure was perfect. And the aroma therapy smells were divine. Honestly, that massage alone was worth the price of admission; they seriously have a spa/sauna.
Cleanliness and Safety: Reassuringly Good
Okay, let's get serious for a moment. Travel during… well, everything that's gone down recently… is a different beast. You want to feel safe. Impiana seems to take this stuff seriously:
- Hand sanitizer everywhere.
- Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Daily disinfection in common areas.
- Rooms sanitized between stays.
- Anti-viral cleaning products.
- They also have a doctor/nurse on call. I'm not kidding.
So, while I'm not a germaphobe, I appreciated the effort. It made me feel a lot more comfortable.
For the Kids (or, Are You Brave Enough?)
They have babysitting service, and family/child friendly facilities. I'm assuming they have kids facilities too! I didn't bring any tiny humans with me, so I'm on the sidelines on this one!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make Life Easier
This is where Impiana really goes the extra mile:
- Daily housekeeping. Thank you.
- Laundry service.
- Concierge. Always helpful!
- Dry cleaning. Perfect for those post-massage clothes.
- Elevator.
- Business facilities (for those who have to work).
- A convenience store (for those emergency snack cravings).
- Luggage storage.
Getting Around:
- Airport transfer. See above.
- Car park [free of charge].
- Taxi service. Easy peasy.
Things Impiana Can Improve On (Because No Place is Perfect)
I was slightly disappointed there were no pets allowed. This always makes me sad. I like to have my hairy companions when lounging.
The Verdict: Should You Go?
Absolutely. Impiana Hotel Ipoh? It's pretty darn good. It's a solid, luxurious escape. It's clean, comfortable, and the staff is friendly. The location is great. And the spa is worth the trip alone.
Here's my opinion, and a stream of consciousness to convince you all:
- Rooms: Great, spacious, well-equipped.
- Cleanliness: Impressive.
- Staff: Professional and friendly.
- Food: Delicious, great variety.
- Pool: Amazing; the perfect place to be.
- Spa: Definitely the best part! I could spend all day there.
Final Recommendation:
Impiana Hotel Ipoh: Go
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Kishan Kunj, India Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel blog. This is the Impiana Hotel Ipoh itinerary, as seen through the eyes of someone who's probably already spilled coffee on their notes and is desperately trying to remember where the heck they put their phone charger.
IMPANA HOTEL IPOH: OPERATION "GET OUT OF THE HOUSE (AND MAYBE FIND MY SANITY)"
Day 1: Arrival…and Mild Panic
- 1:00 PM - Arrival at Impiana & Checking In: Okay, first impressions are a slightly blurry-eyed "Huh, that's nice." The lobby is all polished marble and hushed tones, which immediately makes me feel like I'm wearing the wrong shoes (definitely, I am). The check-in process… well, it was check-in. Not much to report except I swear the clerk gave me a look like, "Are you sure you want to stay here?" (Probably my hastily thrown-together outfit. Note to self: Pack something other than yoga pants and a tattered band tee.)
- 1:30 PM - The Room Reveal (and the Great Toilet Paper Crisis): My room! Not bad, not bad at all. Clean, a view of something-ish (palm trees? I'm not great with trees). But the moment I went for the bathroom, a wave of cold sweat washes over me, only ONE toilet paper rolls? What is this a hostel for ants? Maybe they don't expect any visitors here or they are trying to be economical. This is the first sign of a potentially chaotic stay.
- 2:00 PM - The Great Pool Fumble: Right after the toilet paper disaster, I had a brilliant idea - the pool! Sun, water, relaxation! I grabbed a towel (from the single roll that was in the bathroom), slapped some sunscreen on (after locating it in the bottom of my bag, a full-on treasure hunt) and headed down. The water looked inviting, the sun was blazing. BUT… I forgot my sunglasses. Cue full-blown squinting and general disorientation. I think I lasted about 20 minutes before retreating, defeated, to the room to find my sunglasses, and yes, a spare roll of toilet paper hidden in the closet.
- 3:00 PM - Afternoon Slumber: A short nap is a great way to start.
- 6:00 PM - Exploring Ipoh (Attempt #1, Mostly Walking Lost): Okay, feeling a little braver, I decided to venture out. Ipoh! The city of… well, I'm not entirely sure what yet. I had a vague plan to find some famous white coffee (obviously a priority). Armed with a dodgy map and a serious lack of sense of direction, I promptly got lost. Found a cute mural though.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner (and the Unexpected Curry Chicken Revelation): Eventually stumbled upon a bustling hawker center. This is where things got interesting. I ordered something that looked like chicken and rice, and the aroma was divine. Now, I'm not a huge curry person. But THIS. This was magical. The chicken was tender, the sauce was rich, and I think I might have licked the plate (don't judge me, it was delicious). Maybe Ipoh and I can get along after all.
- 8:30 PM - Back to the Hotel, Exhausted (and Slightly Tipsy): Found my way back to the hotel, feeling pleasantly full and a little bit overwhelmed by the day. That darned curry chicken…it's a game-changer. Maybe I should have more drink to celebrate the day.
Day 2: Temples, Coffee, and a Near-Disaster
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast (and the Continental Breakfast Conundrum): Breakfast buffet! The usual delights. I opted for a healthy, delicious plate of fruits. Okay, it’s a lie, I went for the fried noodles. Life is short!
- 10:00 AM - Exploring Kellie's Castle (and the "Ghost" Experience): Okay, this was on my to-do list. Kellie's Castle! Supposedly haunted! I love this stuff. The castle itself is impressive, a crumbling masterpiece. The history is fascinating, and the stories are…well, spooky. I'm pretty sure I felt a draft on the staircase, but it might have just been a breeze. Did I see a ghost? Probably not. Did I feel a shiver of excitement? Absolutely.
- 12:30 PM - White Coffee Quest (Success!): Okay, back to the real mission: white coffee! Found a charming little cafe and ordered the recommended coffee. It was so great that I order another cup right away. I can see why they say this is delicious.
- 2:00 PM - Afternoon Delight (Massage Time!): The Impiana has a spa, and frankly, after all that wandering and "ghost-hunting" (aka pretending to be a badass explorer), I needed a massage. I opted for the aromatherapy one. It was bliss. Pure, unadulterated bliss. I think I might have drifted off to sleep and snored a little. Don't tell anyone.
- 4:00 PM - The Great Wallet Panic (and the Kindness of Strangers): Remember when I said I was slightly disorganized? Well, let's just say I spent the afternoon in a full-blown panic, realizing my wallet was nowhere to be found. Empty pockets, teary eyes, a sense of impending doom. Cue the frantic search for my wallet. (And, if I'm honest, a small scream or two.) Thankfully, the security guard was a saint. He helped me retrace my steps (which, let's be honest, was a massive waste of his time), and eventually, it turned up - under a bench in the hotel lobby. Lesson learned: Breathe. And maybe stop putting things in places you'll forget.
- 7:00 PM - Evening at the Hotel’s Restaurant: The hotel restaurant's food is great so I had to try it. I got some recommendations.
Day 3: Departure…and the lingering scent of curry chicken
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast and the "Goodbye, Impiana" Feeling: Final breakfast. A sad, yet celebratory buffet. More delicious food.
- 10:00 AM - Final Swim (Sunglasses Success!): This time, I remembered my sunglasses! The pool was perfect - serene, beautiful, and a much-needed dose of relaxation before the journey home. I actually felt like I was on holiday for a little bit.
- 11:00 AM - Checking Out…and Maybe I'll Be Back: Check out was quick, easy, and I wasn't questioned for my choice of outfit. The Impiana, despite my initial grumbling, grew on me. It was comfortable, the staff was lovely, and the curry chicken…well, the curry chicken changed my life.
- 12:00 PM - Departure: Into the (hopefully not too chaotic) world!
Final Thoughts:
- Ipoh is fascinating. It's a place of history, delicious food, and a certain charm that snuck up on me.
- The Impiana is a good base. Comfortable, convenient, and with a pool!
- I need to work on my organizational skills. And maybe pack a spare roll of toilet paper. Just in case.
- Most importantly: I survived. And tasted some amazing food.
This, my friends, is a travel itinerary. Not perfect, a little messy, and possibly missing a few details. But real. And hopefully, it'll inspire someone to get out there, explore, and maybe get lost (and possibly find the best curry chicken on the planet). Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm suddenly craving white coffee.
Spain's Hidden Gem: Unveiling the Majestic Exe Victoria Palace!
Impiana Hotel Ipoh: Your (Maybe Slightly Messy, But Definitely Malaysian) Escape - FAQs
Alright, buckle up, buttercups! Thinking of Impiana Ipoh? Great choice! But before you dive headfirst into the pool (or maybe the buffet...), I figured you might have questions. And trust me, after my *experience*... you're gonna need some answers.
So, is Impiana Ipoh actually *luxurious*? I mean, pictures can lie, right?
Okay, picture this: I waltz in, all wide-eyed and expectant. The lobby? Definitely posh. Grand staircase, that sort of thing. But then... the room. (And this is a *crucial* bit, folks, pay attention!) My first thought? "Wow, this is really... beige." Don't get me wrong, it *was* comfy. Big bed, nice view over the Ipoh skyline... when the smog wasn't particularly thick. *But* luxury for me is something that punches you in the face with delight. This... was more of a gentle nudge. It's luxurious in a Malaysian, slightly understated way. Think "refined auntie" rather than "blinged-out Kardashian." So, yes, *mostly*. But manage your expectations a smidge. And for the love of all things holy, ask for a room NOT facing the road. That incessant honking, oh my god.
My Rating: 7/10 "Would stay again, but might request a room upgrade and earplugs."
What room type should I book? The Superior Room tempting me, but...
Alright, here's the truth bomb: unless you're absolutely balling and can afford the penthouse (brag about it if you do!), DON'T skimp. I made the mistake of going for the slightly-cheaper-than-I-wanted-to-pay-but-still-expensive Superior Room. It was fine, really. But then I peered over at someone else with the Deluxe room... and was hit by some serious room envy. They had a proper lounge area! And a balcony! And... a better view I think! So, my advice? Treat yourself to at least the next level up. You deserve it. And hey, what's a few extra ringgits when you're on holiday? Right?? (Said with a slightly guilty conscience after checking my bank account...)
Seriously, the buffet? Is the food AMAZING? Because buffet food can be... well... a gamble.
Ah, the buffet. The holy grail (or the culinary abyss, depending on your luck). Impiana Ipoh's buffet? Good. Not life-changing, but definitely good. The satay was *chef's kiss*. Seriously. I think I ate myself into a satay coma. The curries? Spicy, flavorful, and perfect with rice. Breakfast was a decent spread, but I'm a sucker for a decent fried egg and they nailed it. My ONLY complaint? Sometimes the trays weren't refilled fast enough. I'm talking MAJOR food FOMO moments… like when I was eyeing the last piece of grilled chicken and someone swooped in before me (I almost cried). So, go early. Or be prepared to fight for your food. It's a jungle out there, people.
What about the pool? Worth a dip?
Okay, the pool. This is where things get... interesting. It's pretty! It's a good size. The water *looked* clean. BUT... and this is a big but... I encountered a tiny, almost *invisible* critter that, let’s just say, wasn't thrilled I joined the party. The pool is a very nice space with lots of loungers, but just… tread carefully. And maybe bring some eye drops. The sun is fierce.
Are there good restaurants in the hotel? Or should I brave the Ipoh street food scene? (Which admittedly, also scares me a little...)
Okay, okay, put down the fear-inducing street food talk for a second! Impiana has a few decent restaurants. The main one, I believe, is where you scarf down the buffet. It's fine, really. It's convenient. But... Ipoh's street food? Legendary. You absolutely *cannot* go to Ipoh and not try the food stalls. It's an experience. It's a risk (of deliciousness, and possibly mild digestive issues, let’s be honest). Do your research, ask the hotel staff for recommendations (they’re usually pretty good), and BRACE YOURSELF. The white coffee alone is worth the trip. Just... maybe pack some Pepto-Bismol, just in case. (I did)
How easy is it to get around Impiana Ipoh? Is it close to things?
Location-wise, Impiana is pretty decent. It's not exactly *in* the heart of the action, but it’s a manageable cab or Grab ride to most places you'll want to see – the Old Town for the famous murals and historical sights, the Cave Temples, and the delicious food stalls. It's also close to some shopping malls if you need to scratch that retail itch. My personal experience? I forgot my charger. Panic! But a quick Grab ride to the mall and all was well. So, good location? Yes. But maybe not *perfectly* central.
Does the Impiana Ipoh have a spa? Because, hello, vacation!
YES! (Deep breath) They do. And, oh my god, it was glorious. I had the most amazing massage there. Honestly. I'm still dreaming about it. The spa itself is a little oasis of calm. Dim lights, soothing music, the smell of aromatherapy oils... I melted into the massage table like butter. It was the perfect way to unwind after a day of exploring (and stuffing my face at the buffet). Book. The. Spa. Seriously. You will not regret it. This is not an option. This is a requirement.
Is it family-friendly? (Because, kids.)
They seem to be! I saw families there. There's a pool, which is a massive win. The rooms are reasonably sized. I imagine the buffet situation would be a good thing for kids, because kids love buffets. I don't have kids, so I can't give you the definitive "kid seal of approval," but my observation is "probably yes."
Any tips for a first-timer to Ipoh?

