
Escape to Paradise: Sanford Airport's BEST Lake Mary Hotel Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re about to dive headfirst into a review of “Escape to Paradise: Sanford Airport's BEST Lake Mary Hotel Awaits!” And trust me, after spending a few nights there, I have opinions. This is not your sanitized, corporate-speak review. This is the real deal, warts and all, because let's be honest, you don't want perfect, you want real.
First Impressions (And the Rambling Begins…):
So, Lake Mary, Florida. Kind of unassuming, right? Turns out, it's a surprisingly lovely little area, especially if you're in town to, say, visit relatives, or maybe, just maybe, because you're flying in and out of Sanford Airport (SFB). Because let's be honest, SFB isn't exactly Orlando International (MCO). It's… well, it's got character. And if you're smart, you’re looking for a halfway decent place to crash before or after that flight. “Escape to Paradise” positions itself as the place. Bold. Let's see if it lives up to the hype.
Accessibility (The Good Stuff):
Okay, I need to preface this: I'm not personally using a wheelchair, but I did notice and pay attention to the accessibility features. And, good news for folks who need it, the hotel seems to take it seriously. The website touts "Facilities for disabled guests", and I saw a few things that backed that up.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes, definitely. Ramps, elevators, the whole shebang. No sketchy narrow hallways that make you feel like you're playing some kind of hotel-themed escape room.
- Elevator: Essential. Especially if you, like me, loathe stairs.
- Facilities for disabled guests: Check!
Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Pandemic):
Alright, let's talk about the elephant in the room: COVID. And yes, I did notice the hotel's attempts to mitigate risk.
- Anti-viral Cleaning products: Listed on their provided brochure, so I gave a mental "thumbs up".
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Seemed to be happening. I saw staff wiping down elevator buttons and door handles with religious fervor. Makes you feel a little safer, right?
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. I think I saw more hand sanitizer dispensers than guests. Which, honestly, isn't a bad thing.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Another major plus.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Hopefully! I didn’t see anything obviously amiss.
Rooms (The Sanctuary…Mostly):
Right, let's get into the meat and potatoes. I'll be honest, my room was… perfectly adequate.
- Wi-Fi [free]: Yes! Praise the internet gods! Free Wi-Fi is always a win, and the signal was strong. Though, I will say, I spent a good 15 minutes the first night staring at the router wondering which of my devices was hogging all the bandwidth.
- Air conditioning: Blast it, baby! It worked like a charm, which is crucial in Florida. No more sweating. No more complaining.
- Blackout curtains: Bless them. I slept like a log. No sunrise creeping in to ruin my precious sleep.
- Bed: Comfortable enough. I didn't wake up with a crick in my neck, which I consider a win.
- Bathroom: Pretty standard. Clean, functional, all the essentials. Nothing to write home about.
- In-room safe box: Always a good thing, especially if you are a high-roller like me 😎 (Just kidding but I still used it for my passport).
- Coffee/tea maker: Needed. I'm a coffee-before-anything-else kind of gal.
- Mini bar: Not stocked, but that's fine. I'd rather have a fridge to keep my leftovers cool, anyways, no point in paying extra.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Where Things Get Interesting):
Here's where "Escape to Paradise" almost hits the jackpot. "A la carte in restaurant", yes but…
- Restaurants: They have one, and it's… okay. The menu is pretty broad, you've got international fare, your obligatory soup, salads, and the ever-important dessert menu, but honestly, it was pretty lackluster.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The bane of my existence! Okay, not really. But the breakfast buffet WAS a standard affair. Eggs, some sad-looking bacon, some fruit. It filled the hole, but didn't exactly thrill me.
- Poolside bar: Ah, now we're talking. This is where the "Escape" part kinda kicks in. Sipping a margarita by the pool is always a decent way to unwind.
Things to Do/Ways to Relax (The Promised Paradise Moment):
Okay, here's where the hotel starts leaning into its name.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Now we're talking! The pool itself is lovely, surrounded by sunshine and lovely palm trees. There's even a "Pool with view" and it is stunning, I can't deny, the view is just right.
- Gym/fitness: Got one. I didn't use it because, well, vacations and fitness don't really mix in my world.
- Spa/sauna/Steamroom: A real draw. This is the "Escape to Paradise" part, let me tell you. This spa is lovely. I tried the sauna, the steam room (heavenly!), and splurged for a massage. That massage was where the magic happened. The therapist was amazing, really worked out the knots, and I left feeling like a limp noodle in the best possible way. My advice? Book the massage. Seriously. It's worth it. Let the spa make you feel better.
- Sauna: I love it. Period.
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter):
The hotel offered some nice extras that make things easier.
- Free Car Park: A very pleasant gesture.
- Concierge: Helpful, friendly people.
- Daily housekeeping: The room was always spotless.
- Laundry service: I didn't need it, but it's good to know it's there.
- Dry cleaning, Elevator, Airport transfer: These made life a lot easier
Getting around:
- Airport transfer: Convenient, but I'd check the schedule beforehand.
For the Kids:
- Family/child friendly You have a family? Okay. Have a kid? That's okay too.
- Babysitting service: That's a bit more practical.
My Honest Overall Verdict:
"Escape to Paradise" isn't a perfect paradise, but it's a solid choice for Sanford Airport travelers and those wanting a relaxing getaway. The rooms are decent, the pool is great, and that spa is a winner. The restaurant is okay, the breakfast is forgettable, and the rest is actually well-executed. Overall, I'd say it's a good value, especially if you snag a deal.
Quirky Observations and Anecdotes (Because I Can’t Help Myself):
- Seriously, the hand sanitizer situation was intense. I half expected them to start giving out tiny bottles as a welcome gift.
- The people manning the pool bar were super friendly. They remembered my name (and my preferred cocktail) by the second day.
- There was a wedding happening while I was there. I caught glimpses of the ceremony from my room. It looked lovely. Kind of made me wish I was getting married… briefly. Then I remembered all the stress and expense and went back to my margarita.
Final Recommendation & Offer:
Here’s the deal: If you're flying in or out of Sanford Airport, or just looking for a relaxing escape, "Escape to Paradise" is worth considering, especially if you're a spa enthusiast.
My Exclusive Offer:
Book now through my referral link (I don’t actually have one, but pretend, okay?) and get a 20% discount on your stay, plus a complimentary upgrade to a room with a view AND a free welcome cocktail at the pool bar! (Okay, I can't actually offer you a discount this is just my imagination, but go book, trust me) Seriously, go. Book. Treat yourself to a massage. You deserve it. You probably really, really deserve it.
Six Senses Courchevel: Unbelievable Luxury You HAVE to See!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your sanitized, corporate-approved travel guide. This is MY trip to the Best Western PLUS Sanford Airport Lake Mary Hotel, and trust me, it's gonna be a rollercoaster. Expect some serious emotional whiplash.
Day 1: Sanford Shenanigans (and Mild Panic)
- 1:00 PM: Arrived at Sanford Airport (SFB). Okay, first impression? Smaller than expected. Like, "I could maybe navigate this place blindfolded" small. Which, considering my track record with directions, might be a blessing. Grabbed my overstuffed, suspiciously heavy carry-on. Seriously, what is even in there? I’m pretty sure I packed the entire contents of my apartment. (Including a slightly used toaster, don't ask.)
- 1:30 PM: Found the car rental shuttle. Hallelujah and pass the sunscreen! The Florida sun is already blazing down. And I'm regretting the black jeans. BIG time.
- 2:00 PM: Car rental. The guy was named… Gary? Gary, with a mustache that could rival a walrus. Gary tried to upsell me the premium insurance. I, being a notoriously bad driver whose last near-accident involved a rogue shopping cart and a flock of pigeons (don't judge), reluctantly agreed. "Fine, Gary! Just take my money."
- 2:30 PM: Driving to the hotel. Ah, the open road! Except, I'm already lost. GPS keeps shouting at me. "Recalculating!" it screeches. "Recalculating!" Like my life isn't already a giant recalculation. Found the hotel eventually, thanks to a vague sense of east and a prayer.
- 3:00 PM: Check-in at Best Western. First impressions? Clean. Surprisingly, REALLY clean. Like, "did they just scrub this place with unicorn tears?" clean. The front desk gal, bless her heart, was super friendly. "Welcome to Lake Mary!" she chirped. I wanted to hug her. This trip was already a win.
- 3:30 PM: Room time! Standard room. Nothing fancy, but hey, it's got a working AC, which is a MUST in Florida. Found a mysterious stain on the carpet. Is it… blood? Oh god, please tell me it’s not blood. Deep breaths. Probably just grape juice. (My anxiety is a real pal, by the way).
- 4:00 PM: Pool time! YES. The pool area looks amazing. Let’s get some sun.
- 4:15 PM: Dipped my toe in the pool. Brrr! It’s COLD! I mean, bracingly, teeth-chatteringly cold. I’m probably going to regret this.
- 4:30 PM: Actually, the pool is perfect. And there were all sorts of fun people around. I meet a couple from Canada who was going back to visit family. They'd never been to Florida before. I gave them the lowdown on all the hotspots and how to make the most of their visit.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local joint. I went to a restaurant that looked like it hadn't been updated since the Carter administration. But hey, the BBQ was legit. I swear, that pulled pork was sent straight from heaven. Talked to some locals, learned about gator sightings (apparently, common), and felt a genuine sense of camaraderie with everyone. Maybe, just maybe, I might actually like this place.
- 8:30 PM: Back to the hotel. Exhausted but happy. Watched some terrible TV. Contemplated the meaning of life. Then fell asleep mid-sentence.
Day 2: Lake Mary, and the Search for the Perfect Orange Juice
- 7:00 AM: Wake up! Ugh. Early morning. Hate it. But… free continental breakfast! Gotta find the coffee.
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast. The usual suspects: dry muffins, watery coffee, and strangely enthusiastic teenagers. But… the orange juice. Oh. My. God. The orange juice was divine. Seriously, peak Florida. From somewhere, maybe a dream, I knew I had to find the perfect OJ. This would become my quest.
- 8:30 AM: Decided to visit the local farmers market. More, I'd make that happen. I made a mission out of breakfast.
- 9:30 AM: Farmers Market. Wandered through a sea of sunshine, local produce, and the unmistakable scent of freshly brewed coffee. Got some delicious donuts.
- 10:30 AM: More local exploring. I found a place that was offering local-grown fruit. I had to see. Did I find the perfect orange juice? Well…
- 11:00 AM: I met the orange juice maker. He was eccentric. He introduced me to his family, and he gave me a taste of his juice. "Freshly squeezed this morning, from my own trees," he'd said.
- 11:05 AM: He was right. That was the perfect orange juice.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Back at the hotel. Sandwiches from the hotel. A bit of a let-down, but still better than the grocery store.
- 1:00 PM: Pool time (again!). This time, with a book and a slightly less anxious attitude.
- 4:00 PM: More local exploring. Maybe I'd find a decent place to do some souvenirs.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. More BBQ at the local joint. I might start to grow a beard.
- 8:00 PM: Staring at the ceiling in the hotel room. Still contemplating life. This time I fell asleep before I could even start a sentence.
Day 3: Departure (And Mild Regret)
- 7:00 AM: Up. Goodbye perfect orange juice. Goodbye clean hotel. Goodbye, (possibly) happy me.
- 7:30 AM: Breakfast. The orange juice was… adequate. Nowhere near yesterday's perfection.
- 8:00 AM: Check out. The front desk gal was there. "Safe travels!" she said. I smiled, then started to think about how much I'd miss the place.
- 8:30 AM: Drive to the airport.
- 9:00 AM: Returned the car. Gary the mustache man was there, trying to sell me something else. This time, I got the hell out of there.
- 10:00 AM: Security. The TSA agent gave me a look when I went through security. The carry-on bag was still heavy. I'm pretty sure I could have taken the whole hotel home.
- 11:00 AM: Boarding. Said goodbye to Florida for now.
Overall Impressions:
The Best Western PLUS Sanford Airport Lake Mary Hotel? Not bad. Really not bad. The location was ok, I still don't have a clue how to drive around this area, but the people and food were excellent. The pool was cold at first but ended up giving me the perfect vibes. If I’m ever in the area, I’d go back. And I’ll always remember the perfect orange juice. It might have been the best part of the trip.
This travel itinerary, folks, is what I like to call "real life." Messy, imperfect, occasionally glorious. Would I do it again? Absolutely. But next time, I'm bringing the toaster. And maybe a better map. And possibly a therapy dog.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap.
Menteng Park Paradise: Your Dreamy Jakarta Studio Awaits!
Okay, So *Why* is this place "Escape to Paradise"? Is it, like, actually paradise? Because I've seen some questionable "paradises"...
Look, "Paradise" is a strong word, right? My expectations were... tempered. I've stayed in places that advertised "luxury" and felt more like a glorified broom closet with a slightly nicer bedspread. But honestly? When they say "Escape to Paradise," they're kinda, sorta... right. It's NOT the Maldives. Sorry to disappoint. But it's *way* better than any other airport hotel I've ever been trapped in. Specifically, after a *nightmare* delay at Orlando-Sanford (don't even get me started on the budget airline... I’ll spare you the details involving questionable sandwiches and screaming children), this place felt… calming. Like, I could *breathe*. The lobby had these ridiculously comfy chairs, and I swear, just sinking into one and watching the TV, even that felt like a vacation after the day I had.
Also, maybe it’s the proximity to my final destination, but it felt close enough to a vacation.
How close is it *actually* to the Sanford (SFB) Airport? Are we talking "a quick Uber" or "a cross-country trek"?
Okay, so the *actual* distance is like, a few minutes. Seriously. It's practically *in* the airport's backyard. I even considered walking once (don’t judge – jet lag makes you do weird things) but thankfully sanity prevailed and I ordered an Uber. But the point is, it's ridiculously convenient. After a grueling flight and a baggage claim victory dance (seriously, I *won*!), you're basically there. That's a HUGE win. No endless shuttle rides, no stressing about making your connection. Just… blissfully close.
What about the rooms? Are they… clean? Because let's be honest, some airport hotels are… iffy.
Alright, clean is a massive, *massive* issue for me. I have… certain standards, let’s call it. (My friends tease me about bringing my own Lysol wipes.) But I have to say, the rooms were genuinely clean. I mean, *clean-clean*. No lingering questionable smells, no mysterious stains on the carpet (a win!), and the bathroom actually looked like it had been scrubbed recently. I'm one of those people who *always* checks under the bed, and I didn’t see a dust bunny apocalypse or a stray sock. (That’s a *major* compliment, by the way.)
Did you try the pool? Is it like, a real pool? Or one of those tiny, depressing hotel pools?
The pool… okay, the pool. So, I'm a water person. I love to swim more than I love most things. And the pool? It was *decent*. Not Olympic-sized, but definitely bigger than a kiddie wading pool. There were some chairs, some fluffy towels, and the water… well, it certainly wasn't green. I actually *saw* people swimming in it! I was so exhausted after the trip I could barely summon the energy, and besides, the little kids were making too much noise for me to take a relaxing dip. But it looked promising, If I had more energy, I would have been happy to relax. It's a step up from the usual airport hotel pool experience, which is basically just a glorified puddle.
Is there a restaurant? Because airplane food… ugh. And I HATE having to drive to find a meal.
Yes! There IS a restaurant! And it’s… not bad. Look, let's be realistic. Expecting Michelin-star cuisine at an airport hotel is a recipe for disappointment. But the restaurant was perfectly acceptable, and that's a *godsend* when all you want is a decent meal and a stiff drink after a day of travel hell. The food was edible, and I wasn't afraid of getting food poisoning, which is the most important factor for me.
I remember specifically ordering a burger and fries and it was… well, it was a burger and fries. No culinary fireworks, but it hit the spot. The service was friendly, which is also a plus after dealing with grumpy airport staff. And the best part? You can order a cocktail because you're not driving and are free from the shackles of responsibility. I love a good cocktail.
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Or are they just going through the motions? I can't deal with rude people after flying.
This is a big one. The staff were *genuinely* nice. Not that fake, overly-cheerful, customer-service-robot nice, but genuinely helpful and friendly. I had a minor issue with my room key (because, as established, I have an uncanny ability to break things) and the front desk person fixed it with a smile. Like, an actual smile. I felt like they actually, you know, cared. It makes a *huge* difference when you're already frazzled from travel. It's such a small thing, but it can make a big difference. I tip generously for good service, because that’s one thing I truly value.
Okay, let's talk about the *actual* escape part. Did you get to, you know... relax? Or were you just stressed about your flight the whole time?
Alright, so the escape part… I’m going to level with you. I’m a terrible relaxer. I overthink, I worry, I generally make things harder on myself. But, even *I* found myself starting to unwind there. The combination of the comfy bed, the lack of screaming children (usually), and the quiet… it worked. I actually managed to read a book for an hour and felt, dare I say it, refreshed the next morning. This place, even though it's just a hotel, actually helped me escape from the mental prison that is my own head. I’ll take that as a win.
Anything I *didn't* like? Because no place is perfect. Spill the tea!
Okay, okay, here's the truth bomb. There's always a catch, right? First, it wasn't *super* budget friendly. But it was worth it, though. In my opinion. Secondly, the TV channels were a bit… limited. No premium movie channels. But hey, I wasn’t there to watch TV, so I can overlook it. Also, I didn’t have a chance to explore the Lake Mary area much, but I guess it's worth a shot for next time. So yeah, no major complaints. If I could have one thing, it would be the ability to have a better view from the room, like the gorgeous view from the mountain. I guess itBoutique Inns

