Unbelievable Laos Luxury: Lao Plaza Hotel Awaits!

Lao Plaza Hotel Laos

Lao Plaza Hotel Laos

Unbelievable Laos Luxury: Lao Plaza Hotel Awaits!

Lao Plaza Hotel: Honestly Unbelievable? Let's Dive In! (SEO Keyword Bonanza!)

Okay, so you're thinking about Laos? Good choice! And you're eyeing the Lao Plaza Hotel? Let's get real. This ain't your backpacker hostel, people. It's aiming for luxury. And after staying there… well, prepare for a rambling (but hopefully helpful) review! This is MY take, unfiltered, so brace yourselves. And yes, I'll throw in the SEO keywords because, hey, gotta get this seen, right?!

First Impressions & Accessibility: Can You Get Around?

Right off the bat, the Lao Plaza Hotel looks… well, plush. Think gleaming marble, helpful doormen, and that air of sophisticated, slightly intimidating, wealth. Accessibility seems like a genuine priority. Lots of elevators (thank goodness!), and I spotted ramps everywhere, which is a HUGE plus. Wheelchair accessible spaces are plentiful, with properly designed rooms and public areas. Even the public areas had ramps. This is a hotel that's making a real effort for accessibility.

Rooms: My Personal Oasis (With a Few Quirks!)

My room? Air conditioning blasting like a glacier in the desert. A true blessing in the Luang Prabang heat! The complimentary tea & coffee maker was a lifesaver. My room had a window that opens (a must for me!), a safe box, a mini bar (of course!), and the all-important free Wi-Fi (more on that later). It had that standard hotel stuff like hairdryer, alarm clock, bathrobe and slippers, but there was a sense of quality, and I really liked it. The bed was incredibly comfy, and I practically melted into the blackout curtains every night. The room size was great, which is a big plus in my book. And the linens were really soft, although the pillows were just a bit too firm.

The Internet: A Tale of Two Worlds (Mostly Good!)

Alright, let's talk about the crucial stuff. Internet access is a must in this day and age. The Lao Plaza Hotel boasts free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And it actually worked! I needed to upload a video of my trip. I mean, I had to right? My audience needs to see this! It took a few tries, but eventually, the speeds were decent, and I was able to get the video uploaded. Then I went to the Internet [LAN], and I found out it wasn't available! The Internet services provided by the hotel are good, but the Lan isn't. But the Wi-Fi in public areas was also pretty solid, which helped when I wanted to escape the confines of my room.

Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Eating My Way Through Laos… Literally!

So, did I eat well at the Lao Plaza? Let's just say I may have gained a few pounds. The Asian breakfast was amazing. Think steaming bowls of pho, fresh fruit, and enough coffee to jumpstart a small country. The breakfast [buffet] was a real spread, and they had everything… Western breakfast, Western cuisine, Asian cuisine, everything! They even had options for Vegetarian restaurant, which I thought was great!

But here's a confession: I spent a LOT of time at the Poolside Bar. My go-to? The pineapple smoothie. And the Happy Hour deals? Chef's kiss! The Poolside Bar was the best.

The variety of restaurants was impressive. One night, I went for the a la carte in restaurant, and it was great! And the coffee shop always had something to tempt me. They had a Snack bar and Desserts in restaurant, which was really tempting.

Ways to Relax: Spa Day Dreams & Gym Reality

Okay, deep breaths… because the spa/sauna experience was… phenomenal. I did a Body scrub, and it was divine. Pure bliss! The Body wrap was incredibly relaxing too. The Massage was just what I needed after those long travel days. I didn't get around to the Foot bath, but I have to say, I was seriously tempted.

I also saw the Fitness center/Gym/fitness. Okay, I saw it. I didn't use it. Let's just say my idea of “fitness” on vacation often involves walking between the bar and the pool. And the Pool with view? Worth the price of the room alone. The Steamroom and the Sauna were perfect for a relaxing afternoon. Also, the Swimming pool was great. The Swimming pool [outdoor] was a real delight!

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe & Sound?

This is a big one, especially these days. I was impressed. They're clearly taking things seriously. I felt very safe in the hotel. The Anti-viral cleaning products are being used, the Daily disinfection in common areas is apparent. The Hygiene certification is in their favor. They had First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They even had Rooms sanitized between stays and Professional-grade sanitizing services. I felt extremely safe.

Services and Conveniences: Little Luxuries & Big Helps

The Lao Plaza Hotel is overflowing with services. There's Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, and a handy convenience store. They offer Daily housekeeping, and the staff were incredibly attentive. I really liked the concierge which was super helpful for getting around. The dry cleaning and laundry service were a big treat! They have Luggage storage, and a dedicated Doorman, and the 24-hour reception was available. There's Facilities for disabled guests, and the elevator makes getting around a breeze. Lots of Safety/security feature, including CCTV in common areas!

For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun?

While I was traveling solo, I did notice the hotel caters to families. There's a Babysitting service, which is great. They have Family/child friendly facilities. I can't speak to the specifics, but they definitely seem welcoming to kids.

Getting Around: Smooth Sailing (Mostly!)

The hotel offers Airport transfer, which is a godsend after a long flight. They have Taxi service as well. Car park [free of charge], and Car park [on-site] with a Car power charging station, are really good.

Other Stuff: The Little Things (and a Few Gripes!)

  • Smoking area: They have a designated Smoking area.
  • Non-smoking rooms: They have plenty of Non-smoking rooms.
  • Pets allowed: I didn't see any pets, and it's probably unavailable at the Lao Plaza Hotel.
  • Couple's room: Might be a great location to spend time with a loved one.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: They made sure my room was perfectly clean.
  • Safe dining setup: They made sure all the dining locations were clean and safe.
  • Shared stationery removed: It all felt very safe!
  • Smoke alarms: I was very safe!
  • Soundproof rooms: I found the rooms very peaceful.

Final Verdict: Is the Lao Plaza Hotel Worth It?

Okay, here's the deal. The Lao Plaza Hotel delivers on its promise of luxury. The service is top-notch, the facilities are excellent, and the location is perfect for exploring Vientiane. There are a few minor quirks (a slightly firm pillow, the occasional internet hiccup), but overall, this is a fantastic choice, especially if you value accessibility and want a truly relaxing vacation. It's on the higher end of the price scale, but I'd say the experience justifies it.

My Honest Recommendation for the Lao Plaza Hotel? Book it! And if you’re looking for a truly memorable experience, especially if you appreciate good food, top-notch spa treatments, and that feeling of being genuinely pampered, you won't be disappointed.

Unbelievable Laos Luxury: Lao Plaza Hotel Awaits! - Book Now!

LIMITED TIME OFFER: Book your stay at the Lao Plaza Hotel now and receive a complimentary spa treatment and a free upgrade to a pool view room! Experience the ultimate in Lao luxury and create unforgettable memories. Don't miss out! Visit [Link to Booking Site] to secure your escape!

Uncover Samarkand's Secrets: Luxury Awaits at Hotel Samarkand Safar

Book Now

Lao Plaza Hotel Laos

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to waltz through my attempt at a Laos adventure, specifically centered around the (hopefully) glamorous, probably slightly dusty, and definitely air-conditioned embrace of the Lao Plaza Hotel. Get ready for breakdowns, epiphanies, and maybe a rogue mosquito or two. This is gonna be less "polished travel guide" and more "diary of a sweaty, indecisive tourist."

The Lao Plaza Hotel Laos: A Messy Itinerary (with a Side of Existential Dread)

Day 1: Arrival - Dust, Decisions, and Did I Pack Enough Chocolate?

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Ugh, the pre-dawn wake-up call. Airports are the devil's waiting room. Flustered arrival at Wattay International Airport (Vientiane) – because, of course, my flight was delayed. Immigration was…well, slow. Like, watching-paint-dry slow. A wave of heat and humidity hit me like a wet blanket as I finally emerged. Found a taxi (negotiating the price was already a victory), and finally, finally, the promised haven of the Lao Plaza appeared. Check-in. Room assigned. First impressions? Decent. Clean-ish. The aircon blasted like a frozen tundra, a welcome relief. But the view from my room… well, let's just say it wasn't the Mekong River, more like "Alleyway with a Rusty Dumpster." Okay, expectations recalibrated.

  • Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Exploration. I'd planned to hit the city running (figuratively, because, humidity), but the allure of the hotel's breakfast buffet sucked me in. A classic mistake. The pastries were stale, the coffee tasted like dishwater, and I spent a good 20 minutes debating the merits of a second pancake. The answer, ultimately, was yes. Afterwards, a frantic search for my travel adapter (it's always the adapter, isn't it?). Found it buried in the depths of my backpack, next to a half-eaten bag of gummy bears. Success!

  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): First foray into Vientiane. Walked a few blocks. Immediately drenched in sweat. My meticulously planned itinerary went out the window. Ended up at a random noodle stall, where I attempted to order something edible using my phrasebook. The result? A dish that could generously be described as "vaguely spicy". And cold. Damn it. Back to the hotel for a shower and a nap.

  • Evening (4:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Sunset drinks by the hotel pool! It looked inviting. The water was, surprisingly, refreshingly cool, but the soundtrack of splashing kids was far less idyllic. Okay, moved on. Went to the hotel restaurant for dinner, hoping for something less adventurous. Ordered the fish and chips. I'm pretty sure the fish was the same one floating next to the pool. Disappointing. Gave up on fine dining and ordered room service later. The Pad Thai was… fine. At least I had the aircon and my chocolate.

Day 2: Temples, Tourists, and That Pesky Mosquito

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Wake up to a mysterious itch on my ankle. Yep, definitely a mosquito. Breakfast again at the hotel. This time, I stuck to the fruit. The papaya was good! Decided to be a proper tourist and visit Wat Si Saket. Incredible. Absolutely breathtaking. (Finally, something beautiful!) The intricate carvings, the sheer number of Buddhas… I spent an hour just wandering around in awe. Then got chased by a pack of stray dogs. Okay, maybe not all that idyllic.

  • Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Another temple, another adventure. Went to Wat Phra Keo, the former home of the Emerald Buddha (now residing in Thailand). Got accosted by a persistent tuk-tuk driver. Said no. Got accosted by a different tuk-tuk driver. Said no again. Got the distinct feeling that I was missing out on something. Maybe I should have said yes to the tuk-tuk. Regret! I walked. Hot and sweaty. Realized that I really should have said yes to the tuk-tuk.

  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch. Found a slightly less touristy restaurant. Ordered the Lao salad. It was excellent! Refreshing, flavorful, and surprisingly affordable. Maybe I was starting to get the hang of this whole "traveling" thing. Maybe. Followed by a trip to the COPE Centre to learn about the aftermath of the Secret War. Deep. Heartbreaking. Eye-opening. A stark reminder of the world's complexities and a profound moment

  • Evening (4:00 PM - 10:00 PM): Happy Hour. This time I avoided the pool (too many kids). The cocktails were potent, and the happy hour snacks were… a mystery. They looked like something the hotel kitchen found at the bottom of the fridge. Dinner at a restaurant recommended by a local. The food was amazing! I was starting to feel like an actual traveler! Until I got food poisoning. More regrets.

Day 3: Mekong, Mindfulness, and a Final Plea to the Aircon Gods

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Slept poorly (food poisoning, remember?). Tried to channel my inner zen with some morning meditation. Didn’t work. Went to a pharmacy and bought some anti-diarrheal tablets. Thank god for modern medicine. Ate more papaya. It's really a lifesaver. Headed to the Mekong River. Stood on a promenade, looking out over the vast expanse of water. It was beautiful. Peaceful. For about five minutes, until a swarm of mosquitos descended. Retreat!

  • Mid-Morning (11:00 AM - 2:00 PM): Packed my stuff. It was heavier leaving. Started packing. Found the missing adapter! (Again!) I must have a problem. Final check out from the hotel. Thank you, aircon gods.

  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Last attempt for a good meal, and it worked! Local restaurant. Delicious food. This time, I chose wisely.

  • Evening (5:00 PM - onward): Headed to the airport. Boarded my flight. Watched the sunset as we took off. Reflected on every moment of my journey. It was messy, sweaty, and imperfect, but it was mine. And I wouldn't trade it for the world…except maybe for a return trip to the Lao Plaza with a slightly more reliable digestive system.

Unbelievable! Wingate by Wyndham Eagle Vail Valley: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Book Now

Lao Plaza Hotel Laos

Okay, buckle up buttercup! We're about to dive headfirst into the Lao Plaza Hotel, the supposed pinnacle of Laotian luxury. And trust me, this isn't going to be some fluffy, PR-approved puff piece. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly-obsessed-after-a-week-there review. Here's what I've got in FAQ form, with all the glorious messiness included:

Is the Lao Plaza *really* luxurious? Like, is my budget travel dream made reality?

Alright, let's get this straight. Luxury? Yeah, *sort of*. It's certainly got the bones. Marble everywhere, a lobby that could swallow a small village, and more staff than guests (sometimes, I swear). "Luxury" in Laos is a different beast than, say, a Four Seasons in Bali. Expect a gorgeous sheen, but you will absolutely find your first imperfection or two. (The aircon hum… oh, the hum!) The lobby is beautiful, but... the internet isn't quite at that level. So, maybe not *dream come true* luxury, but definitely a step up. Let's just say they try, bless their cotton socks, and maybe, with a slightly more discerning eye, you'll find a little bit of the Lao magic in the mix.

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they worth the price tag? (Asking for a friend... who is me.)

Okay, the rooms. Now we're talking. Generally, yes, the rooms are a win. Spacious, well-appointed (they've got the important things, like a proper writing desk. Always a win!), and the beds… oh, the beds! Cloud-like! I'd happily live in that bed, and I considered it, repeatedly. But here's the thing. My "friend" – ahem, ME – was *this close* to getting a room with a dodgy view of the air-conditioning units. Seriously! Luckily, I'd booked the suite, and as a result, I had more space to move comfortably and the view was slightly more charming. So, *worth it?* Decide! If you can swing it, go for the suite. If your budget is tight, well... you might consider the hotel.

The pool! Is it actually swim-in-able, or just for show?

The pool… ah, the pool. It's lovely! A shimmering oasis in the Vientiane heat. (Which, by the way, is a *thing*.) Beautiful tiles, sparkling water… and I finally got to swim. But, ok, here's the thing. It's not huge. You're not going to be doing laps as if you're in an olympic pool. Now, I've seen reviews say things like, "Oh, it's so perfect, it's like a painting!". Yeah, a nice painting of a pool. It can get crowded, especially during the afternoons, with families. Ah, the happy chaos of families and screaming kids. But it's clean, it's refreshing, and it's a great place to spend an hour or two nursing a cocktail or two after walking around the city after the heat made you look like a lobster.

Let's talk food. Specifically, the breakfast buffet. Is it as legendary as they say?

Okay, breakfast... this is where we get *serious*. The buffet is... decent. The selection is vast, truly. There's everything. Western-style breakfast: your usual eggs, bacon, pastries (a little sad, to be honest), and then the Laotian offerings. I went straight for the pho station. Honestly, it was heaven. The pho was better than some of the street food options. But the coffee? Let's just say it's best to stick to the tea. I've had better. I have had truly exceptional breakfast buffets, but I have also had some terrible ones, and this is somewhere in the middle.

Is it good for families?

Hmm. Depends. They're definitely *family-friendly*. Kids are welcomed, there is a swimming pool, and a large selection of foods. But I wouldn't say it's *specifically* tailored for families in the way a dedicated family resort might be. It's a good base, but if you're expecting a kids' club and endless activities, you might be disappointed. You *will* be fighting for a breakfast table, so, good luck!

Okay, let's get personal. Any major downsides? What almost made you lose it?

Okay, here's the real tea. The internet. It could make a sloth look like a lightning-fast server. Seriously, I practically aged a decade while trying to upload a photo. But also, the service, can be *variable.* You might get someone wonderfully attentive, or you might get... crickets. A smile goes a long way, though. My biggest annoyance? The humming. The incessant, background hum of the air conditioning in parts of the building. I'm a light sleeper, and that hum was there. I had to get used to it, eventually.

Would you go back? And, more importantly, *should* I go?

Hmm. Honestly? Yes, I would. Despite the minor hiccups (every place has them!). The Lao Plaza Hotel is a comfortable, convenient base for exploring Vientiane. It's not perfect, but the staff are generally lovely, the rooms are nice, and the pool is a lifesaver. For the right price (shop around!), it's a solid choice. It's not going to blow your mind, but it's a good, solid choice for those wanting a little comfort on their travels. Just pack earplugs and a healthy dose of patience!
Stay By City

Lao Plaza Hotel Laos

Lao Plaza Hotel Laos