Sheraton Portsmouth: Harborside Luxury Awaits (Your Dream Getaway!)

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel United States

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel United States

Sheraton Portsmouth: Harborside Luxury Awaits (Your Dream Getaway!)

Okay, strap in folks, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, luxurious embrace of the Sheraton Portsmouth: Harborside Luxury Awaits! (aka, your potential dream getaway… or, you know, maybe a slightly less idyllic slice of real hotel life – let's see). I'm armed with a ridiculously long list of amenities and my unfiltered opinions, so prepare for a review that's less brochure and more… well, this.

First off, let me be upfront: Accessibility is KEY for me. My (imaginary) Aunt Mildred needs a wheelchair-friendly spot, and I gotta see how this Sheraton stacks up. They claim to be good – Facilities for disabled guests listed, which is a starting point, but the details on which facilities are always the tricky part. Hopefully, ramps aren't just token gestures and the elevators are actually big enough! I'll be digging deeper – call them up, check the website, and see if they've got that crucial level of detail.

Okay, let's break down the basics, because honestly, you're paying for the basics.

Rooms: Yeah, they've got the usual suspects: Air conditioning (thank god!), alarm clocks (hopefully not too loud), bathrobes (yes!), bathroom phone (why?), bathtub, blackout curtains (crucial for sleep), closet, coffee/tea makers (essential), complimentary tea, daily housekeeping (thank you, angels), desks, extra long beds, free bottled water (hallelujah!), hairdryer, high-floor options, in-room safes (standard), internet access (good), ironing facilities, laptop workspace (useful), linens, minibars (tempting!), non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathrooms, reading lights, refrigerators, satellite/cable channels, scales (…judgmental!), seating areas, separate showers/bathtubs, showers, slippers, smoke detectors (phew!), sockets near the bed (bless!), sofas, soundproofing, telephones (anyone still use them?), toiletries, towels, umbrellas (always a good idea), visual alarms (important!), wake-up service, Wi-Fi, and windows that open (yay, fresh air!). I’m sure the rooms are fine. The 'Additional toilet' is a plus, and the 'Interconnecting rooms' are perfect for a family.

Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms?! Seriously? Now we're talking! And also, Internet [LAN] and Internet services listed – a bit redundant these days, but hey, options are welcome.

Cleanliness & Safety: The Covid Era Edition

This is the era of germaphobia and hand sanitizer. The Sheraton is trying. Anti-viral cleaning products, cashless payment service, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer, hot water linen and laundry washing, hygiene certification, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing of at least 1 meter, professional-grade sanitizing services, room sanitization opt-out available, rooms sanitized between stays, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, staff trained in safety protocol, sterilizing equipment,… it sounds like a military operation designed to obliterate every single virus. Good on them. But I'm an optimist – and a slight skeptic – let's hope the execution matches the promises.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Questionable Delights

Here’s my pet peeve: too many options, often underwhelming. A la carte in restaurant, alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, bar, bottle of water, breakfast [buffet], breakfast service, buffet in restaurant, coffee/tea in restaurant, coffee shop, desserts in restaurant, happy hour, international cuisine in restaurant, poolside bar, restaurants, room service [24-hour], salad in restaurant, snack bar, soup in restaurant, vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. That's a lot. The Poolside Bar sounds tempting. The Happy Hour… even better. And the Room Service [24-hour]? Sold. That’s crucial for late-night snack attacks and avoiding awkward dinner conversations. I'll be checking the quality, of course. I hope to find a soup or a salad that won't disappoint!

The Vegetarian Restaurant, with the international cuisine seems nice, but I have a feeling I’ll eventually end up at the bar.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax… Or Pretend You Can:

Okay, this is where my "relaxation" skills are tested.

Spa/Sauna? Yes, please! The holy trinity of chill: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Steamroom.

Pool with view? Let’s hope so. Swimming pool [outdoor] is a great bonus if the weather's cooperating.

Fitness Center? Look, I intend to use it. I truly do. But the siren song of the bar, the Happy hour… I might just end up staring at the gym from my window, waving a tiny white flag.

And what about the Couple's Room? I'll take a rain check on that one.

Services and Conveniences: The Indispensable Extras

This is where hotels can either shine or… well, fall flat. Air conditioning in public area (essential), audio-visual equipment for special events, business facilities, cash withdrawal, concierge, contactless check-in/out (THANK YOU!), convenience store, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, doorman, dry cleaning, elevator, essential condiments, facilities for disabled guests, food delivery, gift/souvenir shop, indoor venue for special events, invoice provided, ironing service, laundry service, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities, meetings, meeting stationery, on-site event hosting, outdoor venue for special events, projector/LED display, safety deposit boxes, seminars, shrine, smoking area, terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

Contactless check-in/out is a win – nobody wants to linger in a crowded lobby right now. A concierge is a godsend for restaurant recommendations and last-minute errands. Laundry service is a lifesaver, especially when you've packed one too few shirts. The doorman is nice for a bit of old-school hospitality. I hope the gift shop is actually tempting and not just a collection of overpriced keychains.

For the Kids:

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. Okay, so they are trying. This is a win for families.

Getting Around:

Airport transfer. Excellent! Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. They've got all the transportation bases covered, that's good.

The Messy bits, the truth, and my final thoughts

Now, I've waded through a tsunami of bullet points. Here’s the honest truth: The Sheraton Portsmouth says all the right things on paper. But the real test is in the experience. Is the service impeccable? Is the food actually good? Are the rooms clean (I'm shuddering at the thought of a dusty lampshade)? Is it actually luxury?

Look, I'm a seasoned traveler, meaning I'm used to minor disappointments. The best hotels are the ones that surprise you with little touches - a genuine smile from the staff, a thoughtfully written note, a complimentary bottle of water after a long day. The worst hotels are the ones that nickel-and-dime you, make you feel like an inconvenience, and leave you desperately craving a decent cup of coffee.

So, consider this a pre-emptive warning: if you go expecting perfection, you'll probably be disappointed. But if you go with an open mind, a sense of humor, and a healthy dose of "let's see what happens," you might just have a very pleasant stay.

My Verdict: The Offer!

Sheraton Portsmouth: Harborside Luxury Awaits! (…Maybe!)

Don't just book ANY hotel. Book an experience. A potential experience. Here’s why you should consider the Sheraton Portsmouth:

  • Prime Location: Nestled (allegedly) in a prime location. Explore the harborside, take advantage of nearby attractions. I might start my exploration in the bar.

  • Relaxation (in Theory): Spa/Sauna, Swimming pool – if you can actually find the time!

  • Convenience (and Free Wi-Fi!): The basics are covered. 24-hour room service, the all-important free Wi-Fi. That’s essential in this day and age.

  • Family-Friendly (Sort Of): Kids facilities, babysitting service – they're aiming at it, and I'll cheer them on!

Here’s My Unbeatable Offer (…or, at least, a good starting point):

Book your getaway NOW and receive:

  • 10% off Your Stay: (Discount code: HARBORSIDE10 – or, you know, whatever they’ll actually give you).
  • Guaranteed Upgrade (subject to availability… but hey, fingers crossed for a better view!).
  • **Complimentary Welcome Drink at the
Japan's Hidden Coral Paradise: Painushimare Resort's Underwater Wonders!

Book Now

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel brochure. This is real life, Portsmouth, New Hampshire style, starting at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel. And trust me, it's going to be a rollercoaster.

Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Great Lobster Roll Debacle

  • 3:00 PM: Landfall! (a.k.a, Check-In Time)

    Finally! After battling the Boston traffic – a symphony of honking horns and existential dread – I finally stumbled into the Sheraton. The lobby? Surprisingly…nice. Not overwhelmingly opulent, but clean, bright, and with that subtle hotel air freshener scent that promises a brief respite from the chaos of the outside world. Check-in was smooth, blessedly. The woman at the desk had that weary-but-helpful look of someone who’s seen it all, which, in the hospitality industry, probably means she has. I, of course, promptly forgot my room number five seconds later. That's just how I roll.

  • 4:00 PM: Room Reconnaissance and Existential Crisis (Slight)

    Room's…fine. Bed looks comfy. Window view? Eh, it’s not the ocean, but a charming brick building. I unpack, throw my bags on the bed, and take a moment to, you know, exist. Travel always brings on a brief period of “Why am I doing this again?" followed by "Oh, right. Adventure!" Followed by, "Did I remember to pack my toothbrush?" The answer, as always, is a resounding "Maybe."

  • 6:00 PM: Lobster Roll Hunt…and Disaster (sort of)

    Okay, let's be honest: I came to Portsmouth for one reason and one reason only: LOBSTER ROLLS. I’d heard whispers of legendary rolls, oceanic delights, and butter-drenched heaven. My research led me to a highly-rated place a few blocks from the hotel. I envisioned myself: a sun-kissed traveler, joyfully devouring the perfect lobster roll, the sea breeze in my hair, a single seagull dramatically crying…

    The reality? A bit…less cinematic. Place was packed! Line out the door. And when I finally got my roll…it was…okay. Good, even. But not the transcendent experience I had crafted in my mind. The mayonnaise-to-lobster ratio was off. The bun was a bit dry. The seagull, of course, remained disappointingly absent. I almost cried after. That's the journey of life, right?

  • 8:00 PM: Regroup and Recharge

    Back at the hotel. Feeling a little deflated about the lobster roll (still!). Debrief, recharge, and plan for tomorrow, and that's all that matters.

Day 2: History, Charm, and the Unforeseen Delight of…a Bookstore?

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast at the Sheraton (and the Awkward Buffet)

    Buffet breakfast. Always a gamble. The scrambled eggs are of the "mystery substance" variety, but the coffee is strong, which is a win. The guy next to me, though… he’s on his fifth plate of bacon. I make mental notes on not becoming him.

  • 10:00 AM: Walking Tour – or, "Pretending to Be Cultured"

    Portsmouth is beautiful. The streets are cobblestone, the houses are colonial, and I almost trip on a historical marker while fumbling with my camera. I join a walking tour. I try to listen. I pretend to be fascinated by the architecture. The tour guide has a surprisingly charming voice. I learn some things, but mostly I just daydream about finding a decent lobster roll.

  • 1:00 PM: Lunch and the Unexpected Bookstore Revelation

    Lunch. I decide to try a different restaurant. This time, the roll is marginally better. The real surprise? The bookstore next door. A labyrinth of creaky floors, overflowing shelves, and the smell of aged paper. It’s a haven. I could spend days here. I do. I find a used copy of a book that I have been meaning to buy and I buy it for $10. Score!

  • 5:00 PM: Dinner and a Nightcap

    Dinner. I go back to my hotel. I order a burger. Life goes on. Maybe tomorrow, another lobster roll!

Day 3: Departure – and the Lingering Taste of…Potential

  • 9:00 AM: Final Breakfast (and the Bitter Sweetness of Leaving)

    Breakfast again. This time I skip the eggs. I linger a bit longer. The bittersweet pang of leaving a place.

  • 10:00 AM: Last Walk – and a Promise

    One last walk around the harbor. The sun is shining. I promise myself I will return to Portsmouth someday. And maybe, just maybe, I'll find that perfect lobster roll. Or maybe I won’t. And that might be the point.

  • 12:00 PM: Check-Out and Head Home 

    Check-Out. I pack my bags, say goodbye to the staff, and head home. The hotel, the people, and the city, all are very nice.

The Takeaway:

This wasn't a flawless trip. There were imperfections, disappointments, and the persistent longing for a better lobster roll. But it was real. And that's what makes it memorable. Portsmouth, you've got potential. I'll be back. Just you wait.

Indonesian Paradise: 3BR Seminyak Villa Lapis Lazuli w/ Private Pool!

Book Now

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel United States

Sheraton Portsmouth: Harborside Luxury? More Like... An Adventure! (FAQ - The Unofficial Version!)

Okay, so, is this place ACTUALLY luxurious? My standards are... high.

Listen, "luxury" is subjective, right? One person's caviar is another's... well, something less palatable. They *say* luxury, and yeah, the lobby is all grand and the harbor views are stunning. *Stunning*. I'll admit, walking in, I thought, "Whoa, fancy." But then, I actually *stayed*. It’s not like you’re checking into a private island retreat. Think: polished, generally clean, and with that *hint* of wear and tear that tells you it's been around the block a few times. Like a really well-loved, slightly grumpy golden retriever. The *beds* though? Those were legit luxurious. I could have happily lived in that bed. Actually, I *did* spend a concerning amount of time there. Maybe a little *too* much time. Let's just say my to-do list suffered.

What’s the deal with the Harbor Views? Are they *really* as good as the pictures? Are they worth the cost of a kidney?

The harbor views... are pretty darn good. Look, I'm a sucker for water. I'd stare at a puddle for a solid hour. And this? This is a *harbor*. Boats bobbing, the water shimmering, the occasional seagull squawking its existential woes... it’s all very picturesque. Now, 'kidney worth'? That's a tough call. Unless the exchange rate for human organs has plummeted recently. Honestly, I’d say, try to snag one. Maybe not a *harbor-view* at a premium, but an upgrade. The standard rooms *do* have a view of... something. Possibly a brick wall. Don’t quote me on that. The harbor views... they make a morning coffee feel like a mini-vacation. And everyone deserves a mini-vacation, right? Especially when your coffee isn’t instant.

Parking? Because, you know, Portsmouth parking is a *nightmare*.

Oh, parking. The bane of my existence, and probably yours. It *is* Portsmouth, after all. They *do* have parking. I think. Look, I *think* they have a garage. I, personally, took a taxi because I'm a parking-averse human. I have a friend who once circled a parking lot for three hours, then gave up, drove home, and took the bus. True story. So, check their website. Or call. Or... take a taxi. Seriously, just take a taxi. Your sanity will thank you. And if you *do* drive, maybe pack a picnic and a good book. You'll need it.

What about the food? Is it, you know, edible? And does it warrant leaving the hotel? (Because sometimes, I never want to leave.)

The food... Ah, the food. The hotel's restaurant, "Salt Kitchen & Bar". Okay, I *loved* the breakfast. Seriously. The pancakes were fluffy, the bacon crispy, the coffee strong enough to raise the dead. My only gripe? Service can be a *touch* slow during peak hours. Bring a book. Or, you know, just people-watch. It's entertainment! For the other meals... It's good, it's convenient, but it's not going to set your world on fire. My advice? Explore Portsmouth! It’s got fantastic restaurants. Literally, one block over, you'll find... well, I can't remember the name. But it was *amazing*. Go explore. But go back for breakfast. Maybe bring a second stomach.

Okay, let's say I book a room. What's the *vibe* like? Romantic getaway? Family fun? Singles scene? Do people even... mingle?

The vibe? It's… pretty broad. I saw couples canoodling, families corralling their offspring, and a few solo travelers looking contemplative. (Me being one of the solos, mostly contemplative about breakfast.) It’s generally a relaxed atmosphere. Not a raging party scene. Unless the lobby bar happens to be hosting a karaoke night fueled by strong cocktails. Then it *might* get… interesting. Don't expect to find your soulmate, but you might make a friend. Or at least, witness someone attempting to sing Bon Jovi really, really badly. And honestly? That's entertainment enough. I would say it's perfect for a couples getaway, or family trip, with many events and activities being so close you can walk to them.

Is there a pool? Because, yes, I want a pool. Specifically, an outdoor pool, with a swim-up bar, preferably with unlimited piña coladas. Just saying.

No swim-up bar. No unlimited piña coladas. Sigh. I understand your pain. I share it. There's an indoor pool. It’s perfectly… fine. Clean, functional, the usual hotel pool fare. But it's *indoors*. And in Portsmouth, that's a shame! The outside, the harbor, the sea breeze… all beckoning. So, set your expectations accordingly. Maybe bring your own piña coladas in a thermos. They can't stop you. Actually, *they* probably can stop you. Don't listen to me. But the pool... it's a pool.

The Fitness Center? Actually matters. Is it a closet with treadmill, or is it acceptable?

For people who care about this, the fitness center is better than nothing. Honestly, it's pretty good. A decent selection of equipment. Treadmills, ellipticals, weights... I think I saw a yoga mat or two. I'm not a gym person, so I can't give you a super-detailed review, but it didn't look like a torture chamber. It looked… usable. You probably won’t be writing a rave review, but you won’t hate it. Unless the treadmill is broken. Always check the treadmill first.

The service? Tell me everything. The good and the bad.

The service… here’s where it gets interesting. The front desk staff were generally friendly and helpful. I checked in late and was greeted with a smile. The bellhop was super nice. (I'm terrible with luggage.) But… and there’s always a "but," isn't there? – the pace of the service could be aHotel Finder Reviews

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel United States

Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel United States